Caterpillar

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I talked to a rep at a career fair and she told me to apply online. After applying online, I heard back in a couple weeks and had an in person interview. I was interviewed by two people for a half hour each. After another couple weeks, they called me to tell me that they are pursuing other options.

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rhinelander, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rhinelander, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar in January 2014.

Went with the basic S.T.A.R method. That was the initial interview when arrived at the facility. All questions needed to be answered with S.T.A.R method. Rather impersonal and only worried about your supposed "skills" to answer the questions. It felt more one dimensional than anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar in July 2010.

Single phone interview due to my remote location. Interviewed by two people. Both were very knowledgeable and understood the job requirements. Described the responsibilities and expectations of the position accurately. Spent time discussing how I would interact with the project team and asked for examples of my presentation and training skills and background. Asked questions that were directly related to my ability to execute the technical portion of the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember any. All questions were directly related to the job description.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was minimal once it was determined that I fit the requirements. This was a contract position. Negotiation was focused on the minimum acceptable to close the deal for both parties.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Applied, got called for interview at Peoria. The hiring is done through HR and the manager then was very enthusiastic.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar in December 2007.

Easy questions. mostly use STAR approach. questions about specific situations and how you responded to those situations using the STAR approach.

First round you have only just one interview. second round consists of three interviews back to back each interview being one hour long. they notify you of the offer within two weeks. company invites you for a plant vist during the interview and drug tests you right there

Interview Questions
    • describe a siutation where you had to show leadership/ solve a problem/ had to face failure   Answer Question