Caterpillar Marketing Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2012.

2 on-campus interviews, 3 on-site interviews

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you failed at a project. What could you have done differently for a better outcome?   Answer Question
no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2011.

Initial contact started at a campus job fair. Conversations with HR reps went well, so I submitted my resume. I attended presentations on campus put on by Caterpillar that week. First round of interviews held on campus. Second interviews at Caterpillar HQ. Interviewed by three staff members - three very different personalities. Questions weren't overly difficult, a few were challenging. They were looking for very specific experience (mix of marketing and technical). Received a call a few weeks later that I would not be receiving an offer.

Marketing Representative Interview

I met with a recruiter at a career fair, who told me to apply to the position. About two weeks later I received an email from the HR group with some forms and questions to fill out. Three weeks after that I got a call for the on site interview. The questions were all STAR based.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in July 2010.

3 interviewers. They used targeted selection interview questions. Will ask questions along the lines of how you managed a certain situation in the past, what was the outcome, how do you cope with stress, etc.
    Each interview could take about 45 mins to 1 hr.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to manage a difficult person...   Answer Question
    Not much to negotiate. Each job has a grade and a starting pay.

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!