Caterpillar

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mossville, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in March 2012.

Interview Details – Consisted of talking to a representative at a college career fair, then was asked to apply online.

Was called back to interviews. Interviews consisted of two, 30 minute sessions of interview questions. Interview questions involved behavioral questions (Give me an example of a time where someone wasn't doing their part, Give me a time where you gave a new innovative idea, Give me a time where your "customer" wasn't satisfied with you and how did you go about it)

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where your "customer" was not satisfied, and how did you go about it?   View Answer
  • Tell me a time where people were reluctant to follow your idea   View Answer

Peoria, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in November 2011.

Interview Details – On campus interview followed by site visit with three 1-on-1 interviews. All behavioral based with different managers. Followed by a drug test, presentation by the program (LTDP-metallurgical) manager and a tour of one of the assembly plants. Offer was extended on Monday following a Friday interview.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral types: tell me about a time when...? Leadership, problem solving focused mostly.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Haven't declined yet, but planning on accepting an offer in a different field.

Very Difficult Interview

East Peoria, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in June 2011.

Interview Details – I despise the CAT interview process. They require you to go out to dinner the night before the interview to grill you about your personal life ad nauseam. I clearly marked on the online application that I could not do greater than 25% travel, and they informed me AT THE PLANT on the day of the interview that the actual travel requirement for the job is 50%. Eat dirt.

Interview Question – Do you have any kids?   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Caterpillar

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caterpillar Metallurgical Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Caterpillar employees and interview candidates.