Caterpillar

Caterpillar Metallurgical Engineer Interview Questions

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Mossville, IL
Anonymous Employee in Mossville, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in March 2012.

Consisted of talking to a representative at a college career fair, then was asked to apply online.

Was called back to interviews. Interviews consisted of two, 30 minute sessions of interview questions. Interview questions involved behavioral questions (Give me an example of a time where someone wasn't doing their part, Give me a time where you gave a new innovative idea, Give me a time where your "customer" wasn't satisfied with you and how did you go about it)

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a situation where your "customer" was not satisfied, and how did you go about it?   View Answer
  • Tell me a time where people were reluctant to follow your idea   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in November 2011.

On campus interview followed by site visit with three 1-on-1 interviews. All behavioral based with different managers. Followed by a drug test, presentation by the program (LTDP-metallurgical) manager and a tour of one of the assembly plants. Offer was extended on Monday following a Friday interview.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral types: tell me about a time when...? Leadership, problem solving focused mostly.   Answer Question

Haven't declined yet, but planning on accepting an offer in a different field.

Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in June 2011.

I despise the CAT interview process. They require you to go out to dinner the night before the interview to grill you about your personal life ad nauseam. I clearly marked on the online application that I could not do greater than 25% travel, and they informed me AT THE PLANT on the day of the interview that the actual travel requirement for the job is 50%. Eat dirt.