Caterpillar

Updated Jul 13, 2014

3.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Caterpillar.

After completing testing, was interviewed by numerous upper level managers and HR manager.

Interview Questions
Salary was offered to me at their standard rate. I negotiated a salary review at 6 months of employment. At this time, I was moved up to a more experienced pay grade.

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar in June 2009.

Submittal of resume took a long time for review. Interview process was conducted by three people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult choice.   Answer Question
    There was none

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Caterpillar in August 2010.

not much on technical , 2 rounds of interview, but be carefull while negotiating the CTC, would try to squeeze you as much as possible. HR is very smart in confusing with variable pay calculations and the reality would be different

Interview Questions
    • nothing like that as long as you are sue of what you have put in your resume   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in January 2010.

I was already an employee. Cat can be hard to get in from the outside. They do situational interviews but they look internally first before they look outside the company. Many of the mid-career guys know tons of people so much of the process is calling or emailing personal networks for candidates. There is also another system to identify internal candidates. Once again very hard for external candidates to get into Cat. Your resume must be impeccable and then you will need to learn the large volume of initiatives quickly to last.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you: from here it ranged from handling difficult employees to delivering bad news to groups of people while finding ways to motivate them.   View Answer
    There was none. Pay based on salary grades. Much of this is set up by corporate and they had put a freeze on raises, limits on promotions. Increases within salary grades by experience and performance.