Caterpillar

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview Details – Interviewed with CAT at a job fair. All questions were STAR based. The interviewer took a ton of notes during my answers to the questions. In the 15 minutes allotted for the interview, there were about 10 to 12 questions asked.

Interview Question – There was nothing too off the wall. There were common questions, such as "What is one thing that you have done wrong recently, and what would you have done otherwise in hindsight to correct it" and "Tell me about a time that you had a conflict with a team member (in work, school, etc.) and how you handled the situation."   Answer Question

Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was split into three separate interviews. The interviews focused almost entirely on behavioral questions. All together, I was probably asked a total of 40 behavioral questions with almost no skill-based or technical questions.

Interview Questions

Pricing Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in July 2011.

Interview Details – The overall experience was okay. The interviewers were looking for track records of simplying following the directions to do the job. I was told that they had no doubt that I could perform the job responsibilities well, but they have concerns about the "fit". I felt I might have focused too much on the analytical side of my strength, which isn't that relevant to the position. But I didn't know how to adjust during the interview.

Looking back, .I should have clearly sought out what the position entails and what qualities are the important (or what qualities they are looking for) before the interview.

Interview Question – What are your long term career goals?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Caterpillar

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caterpillar Pricing Analyst interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Caterpillar employees and interview candidates.