Caterpillar Pricing Analyst Interview Questions

4.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pricing Analyst Interview

Interviewed with CAT at a job fair. All questions were STAR based. The interviewer took a ton of notes during my answers to the questions. In the 15 minutes allotted for the interview, there were about 10 to 12 questions asked.

Interview Questions
  • There was nothing too off the wall. There were common questions, such as "What is one thing that you have done wrong recently, and what would you have done otherwise in hindsight to correct it" and "Tell me about a time that you had a conflict with a team member (in work, school, etc.) and how you handled the situation."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar in November 2012.

The interview was split into three separate interviews. The interviews focused almost entirely on behavioral questions. All together, I was probably asked a total of 40 behavioral questions with almost no skill-based or technical questions.

Pricing Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in July 2011.

The overall experience was okay. The interviewers were looking for track records of simplying following the directions to do the job. I was told that they had no doubt that I could perform the job responsibilities well, but they have concerns about the "fit". I felt I might have focused too much on the analytical side of my strength, which isn't that relevant to the position. But I didn't know how to adjust during the interview.

Looking back, .I should have clearly sought out what the position entails and what qualities are the important (or what qualities they are looking for) before the interview.