Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Caterpillar
- Engineer (18)
- Intern (15)
- Accounting Intern (10)
- Engineering Intern (10)
- Engineering (9)
- Mechanical Engineer (8)
- Senior Associate Engineer (6)
- Software Engineer (5)
- Technical Marketing (5)
- Manufacturing Engineer (4)
- Marketing Representative (4)
- Accountant (4)
- Operations Supervisor (4)
- Pricing Analyst (3)
- Systems Engineer (3)
- Internship (3)
- Metallurgical Engineer (3)
- Finance Treasury (2)
- Leadership and Technical Development Program (2)
- MPDP (2)
- LTDP (2)
- Design Engineer (2)
- 6 Sigma Black Belt (2)
- Associate Engineer (2)
- Logistics (2)
- Revenue Analyst (2)
- Sales Manager (2)
- Accounting (2)
- Supply Chain (2)
- Senior Engineer (2)
2 people found this helpful
Research and Development Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2012.
Got a call for an onsite interview at Caterpillar's Mosville research and development center, after applying online on their website. There was no phone interview. It was a direct call for an onsite interview based on online application. The position was in combustion group.
Since they were interviewing me for a research position I was expecting the focus would be on technical aspects. But, to my surprise it was completely behavioral. This was a complete "Targeted Selection" interview. It was a panel interview with 3 people. All of them had similar questions, and were asking questions by reading their printouts. The questions are mainly aimed at giving specific examples from your previous experiences in dealing with different scenarios.
- 1) Describe a challenging task that you had to accomplish? And how did you accomplish it?
2) Tell us about a skill that you did not have and the process you went through to acquire them?
3) Describe a scenario where you were doing something in a wrong way and later corrected it?
4) A scenario where you evaluated gains and risks about doing something and at the end decided not to do it Answer Question
- 1) A scenario where you had to focus on attention to detail
2) An example of working in a group
3) Hostility with a coworker and how you resolved it?
4) Any experience with putting in place safety and operation procedures
5) What contributions are you leaving behind at your previous work place? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar
Research and Development Engineer InterviewApplication Details
The process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in April 2012.Interview Details
It was 3 one on one interviewsInterview Questions
Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
- When was a time you worked woth a least productive co worker? Answer Question
Engineer Research and Development InterviewApplication Details
I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in July 2011.Interview Details
I interviewed with the hiring manager and two other managers working in different groups. All three interviews had the same format with STAR questions. There 1:1 interview in the morning followed by my 25 minutes presentation after lunch. I am still waiting for their final decision. I did follow up last week with the hiring manager, but I didnot get his response. I will try to call him this week.Interview Questions
No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- How do you solve a problem in a creative way? Answer Question