Caterpillar Senior Associate Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Behavioral and Situational questions

Interview Questions
  • They give you scenarios so you can be in control of all the answers. They will do fact checking after the interview.   Answer Question
Not much negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Caterpillar.

On campus interview followed by 3 rounds of technical interviews. Very repetitive, tiring and to some extent grueling. No surprising questions but expected surprising answers which was very interesting to think of now.

Interview Questions
    Offered way less than what the market has to offer and so had to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Process was fairly simple. Phone interview conducted by immediate supervisor where most of the technical questions are covered. Questions linked to job applied for and work experience on your resume. Interview starts off with a brief background from the Hiring manager followed by a few questions. Answers preferred in the STAR format.

Second round is at the work site conducted by 3 or 4 supervisors - mostly behavioral questions. Definitely required to answer questions in the STAR format.

Simple questions just be clear and concise.

Interview Questions
    • Based on the background given to you how do you think your work experience will help you perform well in this role.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Senior Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar in March 2011.

Interviewed on campus for engineering rotation program. After discussing my education, background and aspirations the interviewer told me I likely wouldn't be a good fit in product engineering but an ideal candidate for R&D at Tech Center and he'd forward my credentials. Nothing came of that but I was extended an on site interview with the product team at their division offices. On site interviews were 3 separate 1-2-1 sessions with different managers. All STAR based (e.g. Tell me a time would worked on a project with a difficult team member and how you handled the situation, Tell me a time you had to learn a new skill quickly, etc.). Was offered the position the following day with a very competitive salary and relocation package.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just prepare for STAR method interviews and know your resume.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in February 2012.

the interview was well designed, focusing mainly on characteristics of individuals.

Interview Questions
    • describe the most awkward situation you have faced and how did you come out of it.   View Answer

Senior Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Caterpillar in July 2010.

One technical round over telephone;
    One technical round face to face;
    Three Manager Rounds (Behavioural, Design, Attitude);
    No HR round;
    Offer received in two days after interviews;

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one situation where you did not have enough technical knowledge for required task and how did you manage it?   Answer Question
    Offer itself was reasonable... But no negotiation was applicable.