Caterpillar Senior Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL).

Interview

STAR method, combined panel interviews and individual interviews. Long and subjective

Negotiation

You have no negotiation phase. You have to ask for everything up front. At the point where they will say that they can not pay more or add vacation because of company policy and position requirements, you either have to let it go or risk not getting the job. In my case when they told me what the salary was, I stopped the interview and told them that I could not take a position for less than a specific amount.... They told me they could not do that, but wanted to continue the interview anyway. I kindly thanked them and said I would not waste their time, but they said let's finish the interview... we did, and I was made an offer. I replied back asking for more vacation time equivalent to someone with my experience at Caterpillar, but stated that it was not a deal breaker... they replied back with a new offer doubling the vacation.

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

First was a phone interview. Follow by on site interview. The onsite interview was with the hiring manager, the engineering team lead, and the engineer. All the questions were behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Inteview questions are behavior questions. No technical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mossville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Mossville, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

Behavioral interview process. If you prepare for these type of questions you will do great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to make a difficult decision and what were the results   Answer Question

Negotiation

Made offer take it or leave it.