Caterpillar

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Caterpillar in March 2012.

Interview Details – I liked the way Caterpillar takes interview.Most of attention is towards Comm skill and behavioral questions

Interview Question – What is difficult situation you had faced in your previous orgnization?   View Answer

Systems Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2012.

Interview Details – I got two phone interviews. The first one mainly talked about their company and group. The second one went through my resume, asked several projects experience.

Interview Question – Tell me one difficult problem you have got and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through their uk recruitment website. It's all done through WorkLife Associates up until the assessment day. Completed all section on the website including education details and competency based questions. Was asked to do some online assessment tests which were standard shl type.
Later, they asked to book a telephone interview time-slot. The interview was ok. They asked a bit about why i chose the company and the role, and some competency based questions.
I was then told that my application's on hold. They finally got back to me about 2-3 weeks later and invited me to an assessment centre. There were a lot more assessors than candidates. Included a group activity whose details I'm not supposed to reveal. Nothing serious: it was pretty basic and kinda fun. Then an intensive interview: mine took easily more than an hour. But some finished theirs in 40 minutes or less. Apart from typical personal questions and some competency based questions, there were some real technical questions. Not like math or solving equations! But questions that clearly give an indication of your interest and knowledge about the field and science in general. They're very friendly and prompt clues and stuff to ease the process.
I found the company to be very good. I asked about the flexibility and they assured me that there is a great deal of flexibility to move about until you find a role under a dept that suits you. This was confirmed by some graduate employees i chatted with during lunch.
The site is great and people seem to be very friendly. Some said that working there is hard in terms of work-load. But if you enjoy what you do, I guess you would like it. The salary is competitive too. And they seem to pay engineers well.

Interview Question – What do you think are these electronic components and what do they do?   View Answer

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!