Caterpillar Technical Marketing Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2015

2.9

Technical Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

2 30 minutes behavior interviews by two different HR people. I really don't understand why we need to be asked so many behavior questions. They didn't even ask you to introduce yourself or why you want this job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Caterpillar

Technical Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Typical STAR questions. Interviewed with two separate people, each for a half hour. Asked me lots of questions about my work experiences, along with lots of leadership questions. Both people were very easy to interview with. I was told I would hear back about the position within a week. It has been two weeks and I have still not heard from either people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to step up and be a leader? Describe a time you felt overwhelmed with work, and how did you handle it? Describe a time you worked as a part of a team to solve a problem? What is the most difficult assignment (school or work) that you've ever had to deal with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I had two 30 minute phone interviews. The interviews were behavioral, and the associates mention that they want STAR formatted answers. They aim to ask 5 questions. They were really nice and start off by talking about themselves and ask about you... I applied through online recruiting, and then was personally contacted to set up an interview. I found out 10-12 days after my last phone interview that I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to use leadership skills?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were working with a team? Were you satisfied with end results... Explain   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Interview

Interview

Met them at a career fair, applied through my school and on their site. I went to the interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was behavioral. It was fairly easy, but I still didn't receive an offer.

Technical Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Campus recruiting - 30-40 minutes' interview with S.T.A.R questions. There were 2 interviewers - one as a manager and the other as a new employee who has campus recruiting experience.

Interview Questions

• more like general. I felt a bit difficult when Eg. What was your big failure?   1 Answer

Technical Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Went to my University Career Fair and was told to apply online through the University recruiting website. I sent in my resume and was offered an interview. The interview was an hour long with 2 half hour sessions with 2 interviewers. The questions were behavioral based and pretty standard. They told me that they would call me for an on-site interview if selected but they didn't do that and gave me an offer instead.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you faced a difficult customer and what did you do in that situation?   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Caterpillar in September 2012.

Interview

The process began with on campus recruiting. A resume was submitted, and I was contacted with an interview offer. The interview was a one on one behavioral interview. After about 2 weeks, an offer was extended with a decision period of about 2 weeks.

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Initial contact at a conference where I spoke with a representative and handed them my resume. Applied online almost immediately after. I was contacted about 2 weeks later and set up a phone interview that last about an hour. Very friendly and knowledgable interviewer. Passed phone interview and was flown out the night before interview and was taken out by a very friendly employee in a relaxed environment. Morning of interview I was taken to breakfast, orientation about the specific program, drug-test and three 1-hour interviews. They ask you to use the STAR technique to answer their situational/behavioral questions. Prepare before hand with your answers to the most common questions - it's not just about answering the question but about being able to relate your experience with the position you are interviewing for. Honestly, everyone was very knowledgable, gave active feedback and even took time after the interview time to talk some more. Depending on your interviewers you will have either employees that go question by question and others that will choose to give you 1 or 2 question that they like. Yes, they did have "topics" for a set of question but the as long as you answer the question and know what they are asking for - you will do fine. It's ok to ask to repeat the question and usually they will give a paraphrase on what they want to find out. Chances are if you are interviewing for them at HQ you have some great qualifications and have passed at least two screenings. At this point it is just about finding a fit for you within the company and if you think the company is a good fit for you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a policy, process or procedure changed in a middle of a project or situation - how did you adapt?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not attempt to negotiate yet, but will once official letter comes in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

The first interview took place on campus in which 2 interviewers asked STAR based questions. After completion of the first interview, email contact was made to schedule for a second round interview in Peoria Illinois. The second round interview in Peoria consisted of four, one hour interviews, in which different professionals asked similar STAR based questions. Travel accommodations were provided. In my case I was contacted back 2 weeks after the interview asking for 3 additional weeks to make a decision. I allowed 4 weeks to pass before I recontacted to inform that I had other pending offers. At that time I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Recall an incidence in which you had to complete a task in which you did not agree with. How did you complete the task?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to work within a group in which individuals shared differences and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question