Cathay General Bancorp Interview Questions in El Monte, CA

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cathay General Bancorp

Loan Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp (El Monte, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screening, in-person interview with HR and a rudimentary 1990s version Word and Excel skills test, an essay about why you are applying for the position, then interview with the team. While the interview wasn't very hard, I didn't hear from them afterwards until a few months later, even though I had contacted them well beforehand for an update on the process. HR was very slow and unreliable in this process

Loan Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp (El Monte, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Did a phone interview to see the type of person I was. Then went in to meet the HR recruiter and did some basic Microsoft Office application tests. Then was asked a few questions on how my past experiences, school, etc. applied for the position I applied for. Then was scheduled for in person interview which was with the department/ team manager.

Interview Questions

• Met in person Interview just talked about my resume and community services I had contributed to the community.   Answer Question

Loan Assistant (Part-time) Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp (El Monte, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was invited to the corporate headquarters for an afternoon pre-screening interview with HR. I liked the style of the office spaces, and the employees seemed very friendly with each other. While I was waiting for my interview, I noticed that most of the groups of colleagues going in and out for lunch together chatted in either Mandarin or Cantonese. As a Chinese-speaker myself, this cultural aspect of the firm appealed to me. My HR interviewer was not a Chinese-speaker, but she/he was mentioned that she/he enjoyed celebrating different Chinese holidays with the firm. After some light chatting, I was asked to take a computer skills test on a particularly old version of Microsoft Excel. The test issued by the brand "Prove It!" was a series of tasks in Excel and Word that I had to complete within a given time period. It was not difficult, but sometimes the software would not allow me to use common keyboard shortcuts for Excel. And, occasionally, the testing software would not allow me to use the right-click function on a standard mouse. After the skills test, my typing speed was evaluated. I was given a practice text and five minutes to copy it. Then, I was given the real text, which was about 25% longer than the practice text. Unfortunately, I am only a 40 wpm typist, so I missed the last sentence. Typing speed is something I should work on. Lastly, I was asked to write a hand-written essay describing my skills and explaining how I was a good fit for the position in consideration. I was given the essay prompt, a pencil, and a timer set for about 10 minutes. Following all these tasks, I was brought into my interviewer's office for a one-on-one interview. At this point I was asked some basic behavioral questions including self-evaluative things like strengths and weaknesses. At the end, my interviewer asked if she/he could keep my materials for any future positions that I might be a better fit for. A week later I got a very nice formal letter in the mail indicating my rejection; the letter was hand-signed by the head of HR, which was a nice touch.

Interview Questions

• What would you previous supervisor say is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp (El Monte, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

HR contacted me to do preliminary interview. I was then scheduled to meet with several senior executive manager for one on one intereview. The process was a little long with nothing too hard.