Cathay General Bancorp Interview Questions

2.3

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp in May 2012.

General behavior questions, not hard..but the waiting interview process is kind of long. Because they are not only interview you. Phone interview was asked general behavior question and what do you know about the bank. The face to face interview also asked you what do you know about the bank. Just do some research then you should be fine.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp.

The Branch Manager and Operations Officer interviewed me at the branch I was applying for. Then HR interviewed me at the corporate building in El Monte. Basic interview, wasn't very hard. Got a call quick saying I got the job a few days later. No trick or complicated question for this kind of position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. Pretty basic, like talk about your past experiences...etc..   Answer Question

Loan Assistant (Part-time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Monte, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp in January 2012.

I was invited to the corporate headquarters for an afternoon pre-screening interview with HR. I liked the style of the office spaces, and the employees seemed very friendly with each other. While I was waiting for my interview, I noticed that most of the groups of colleagues going in and out for lunch together chatted in either Mandarin or Cantonese. As a Chinese-speaker myself, this cultural aspect of the firm appealed to me.

My HR interviewer was not a Chinese-speaker, but she/he was mentioned that she/he enjoyed celebrating different Chinese holidays with the firm. After some light chatting, I was asked to take a computer skills test on a particularly old version of Microsoft Excel. The test issued by the brand "Prove It!" was a series of tasks in Excel and Word that I had to complete within a given time period. It was not difficult, but sometimes the software would not allow me to use common keyboard shortcuts for Excel. And, occasionally, the testing software would not allow me to use the right-click function on a standard mouse.

After the skills test, my typing speed was evaluated. I was given a practice text and five minutes to copy it. Then, I was given the real text, which was about 25% longer than the practice text. Unfortunately, I am only a 40 wpm typist, so I missed the last sentence. Typing speed is something I should work on.

Lastly, I was asked to write a hand-written essay describing my skills and explaining how I was a good fit for the position in consideration. I was given the essay prompt, a pencil, and a timer set for about 10 minutes.

Following all these tasks, I was brought into my interviewer's office for a one-on-one interview. At this point I was asked some basic behavioral questions including self-evaluative things like strengths and weaknesses. At the end, my interviewer asked if she/he could keep my materials for any future positions that I might be a better fit for. A week later I got a very nice formal letter in the mail indicating my rejection; the letter was hand-signed by the head of HR, which was a nice touch.

Interview Questions
    • What would you previous supervisor say is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Monte, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp in April 2008.

HR contacted me to do preliminary interview. I was then scheduled to meet with several senior executive manager for one on one intereview. The process was a little long with nothing too hard.

Cargo Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp in January 2008.

Had 3 Rounds of Interview which was strenuous but the outcome was super.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with someone who is your boss and you can't get along with him   View Answer
    There was negotiation after 6 months where they doubled my salary.

Loan Assistant Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cathay General Bancorp in February 2011.

I found the listing for part-time loan assistant on my former school website, so I turned in my resume and the cover letter. Received a call two day later, extremely basic questions, was scheduled for the 2:1 interview.

The person-to-person interview it self was basic I think. Talking about yourself, about your previous experience was and everything related to the position.

Next was a simply balance sheet and was told to write about my weaknesses and strengths, an essay...

Lastly, I was given the computer test. I was told to replicate some of their corporate documents in Excel and Words, which was extremely difficult for me since I had no experience with any of these.

I felt like the skills and the requirements described on the ad was very different from what they told me in person.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cathay General Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!