Catherines

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saginaw, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Catherines in September 2013.

Interview Details – I went into the store and asked the store manager if they were hiring. She said they could use another person and asked me about myself. I told her I am a full-time college student and part time cashier at a fast food place. She took my name and told me to fill out the app online. She got the app, called me a couple days later, and told me to come in for an interview. She asked about my availability and why I'd like to work for Catherines. That was it.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question. It was the easiest interview I have ever had.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It's minimum wage for sales associates.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Catherines in May 2013.

Interview Details – Since Catherines at the time did not accept online applications, I printed one off and went into the store. I handed it to the assistant manager, since the manager was off that day. I got a phone call about 4 days later to come in for an interview the following Thursday. The interview was extremely quick and basic - "why do you want to work here?" "what is your availability like?" I was only asked 3 questions.

Interview Question – How would you describe your sense of style?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - I was called 3 days later, offered the job at minimum wage.

Part Time Sales Lead Interview

Part Time Sales Lead

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Catherines.

Interview Details – In-person application, one-on-one interview. About one hour, manager called back next day to offer the job. Seems they were strapped for people.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to violate company policy.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Catherines

Interview Details – Relatively simple. I submitted an application and resume in store and was called for an interview. The interview was short; I was asked why I wanted to work there and what I thought I could contribute.

Interview Question – As Catherines is a store for plus sizes, and I do not shop there, I was asked if I thought I'd be comfortable with comments from customers about how I'm not a plus sized woman.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. As a broke college student in a town where too many people needed jobs, I didn't have much room to argue.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Catherines in March 2012.

Interview Details – Everyone was pleasant.

Negotiation Details – They gave me what I asked.

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Catherines in May 2011.

Interview Details – I went in to my neighborhood Catherine's and asked the manager if they were hiring, she told me know but I could fill out an application anyway. She ended up calling me a week later and asking me if I was available for an interview the next day. I interviewed and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Catherines in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the district manager on one occasion and then with the store manager. They both discussed the daily duties and sale information. I was asked questions about selling and my personal fashion.

Interview Question – How does your style reflect who you are?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was pretty forward and easy going.

Worked for Catherines? Contribute to the Community!