Catherines Interview Questions

1.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Catherines

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Catherines.

Interview process is very detailed. Company policy,culture and branding are discussed at length, SSM partners with DSM in hiring process. All applications are accepted online. Dress accordingly as it is very fashion forward. Be open and flexible with your schedule. Ask as many questions as possible so there is no misunderstanding. A smile and an upbeat attitude speaks volumes.

Interview Questions
    Ask for more than you need and you may get what you desire.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Catherines in November 2013.

The hiring process/interview was beyond easy. I applied for the job via the online application and was contacted about a week (or less) after the application. I went in for the interview and the manager hired me right on the spot. The only issues I had came with the online paper work afterwards. My birthday was entered wrong and I had to complete the ENTIRE thing over again as well as it was just incredibly long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Catherines in September 2013.

I went into the store and asked the store manager if they were hiring. She said they could use another person and asked me about myself. I told her I am a full-time college student and part time cashier at a fast food place. She took my name and told me to fill out the app online. She got the app, called me a couple days later, and told me to come in for an interview. She asked about my availability and why I'd like to work for Catherines. That was it.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question. It was the easiest interview I have ever had.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It's minimum wage for sales associates.

Part Time Sales Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Catherines.

In-person application, one-on-one interview. About one hour, manager called back next day to offer the job. Seems they were strapped for people.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Catherines in May 2013.

Since Catherines at the time did not accept online applications, I printed one off and went into the store. I handed it to the assistant manager, since the manager was off that day. I got a phone call about 4 days later to come in for an interview the following Thursday. The interview was extremely quick and basic - "why do you want to work here?" "what is your availability like?" I was only asked 3 questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - I was called 3 days later, offered the job at minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Relatively simple. I submitted an application and resume in store and was called for an interview. The interview was short; I was asked why I wanted to work there and what I thought I could contribute.

Interview Questions
    • As Catherines is a store for plus sizes, and I do not shop there, I was asked if I thought I'd be comfortable with comments from customers about how I'm not a plus sized woman.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. As a broke college student in a town where too many people needed jobs, I didn't have much room to argue.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Catherines in March 2012.

Everyone was pleasant.

They gave me what I asked.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Catherines in May 2011.

I went in to my neighborhood Catherine's and asked the manager if they were hiring, she told me know but I could fill out an application anyway. She ended up calling me a week later and asking me if I was available for an interview the next day. I interviewed and was offered the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Catherines in February 2009.

Interviewed with the district manager on one occasion and then with the store manager. They both discussed the daily duties and sale information. I was asked questions about selling and my personal fashion.

Interview Questions
    It was pretty forward and easy going.