Catherines Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2015

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Catherines

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Catherines.

Interview

Interview process is very detailed. Company policy,culture and branding are discussed at length, SSM partners with DSM in hiring process. All applications are accepted online. Dress accordingly as it is very fashion forward. Be open and flexible with your schedule. Ask as many questions as possible so there is no misunderstanding. A smile and an upbeat attitude speaks volumes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for more than you need and you may get what you desire.

Part Time Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catherines (Port St Lucie, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial short interview with the current store manager or assistant manager, I was given a phone interview with another manager in the region but I do not believe that is very common considering another employee who was offered the sister position to mine did not have one. Finally an in-person interview with the store manager and the district manager. Relatively short process, getting all the paperwork filed was the bigger issue.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled husband who had just driven a long distance in order to get to Catherines for his wife to shop?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Catherines in November 2013.

Interview

The hiring process/interview was beyond easy. I applied for the job via the online application and was contacted about a week (or less) after the application. I went in for the interview and the manager hired me right on the spot. The only issues I had came with the online paper work afterwards. My birthday was entered wrong and I had to complete the ENTIRE thing over again as well as it was just incredibly long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catherines (Little Rock, AR) in November 2013.

Interview

It was very conversation like. We discussed why I wanted to work there, past experience, fashion sense, my hobbies, family life, what I love about retail, etc. She was very pleasant at this time. She came across as very family oriented, personable and kind. I suggest dressing fashionably as this will definitely be liked at during the interview. Accessorize as much as possible. Having nine articles of clothing and accessories is important.

Interview Questions

• What do I love about plus size fashion   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Catherines (Saginaw, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

I went into the store and asked the store manager if they were hiring. She said they could use another person and asked me about myself. I told her I am a full-time college student and part time cashier at a fast food place. She took my name and told me to fill out the app online. She got the app, called me a couple days later, and told me to come in for an interview. She asked about my availability and why I'd like to work for Catherines. That was it.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. It was the easiest interview I have ever had.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's minimum wage for sales associates.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Catherines.

Interview

In-person application, one-on-one interview. About one hour, manager called back next day to offer the job. Seems they were strapped for people.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Catherines in May 2013.

Interview

Since Catherines at the time did not accept online applications, I printed one off and went into the store. I handed it to the assistant manager, since the manager was off that day. I got a phone call about 4 days later to come in for an interview the following Thursday. The interview was extremely quick and basic - "why do you want to work here?" "what is your availability like?" I was only asked 3 questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - I was called 3 days later, offered the job at minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Relatively simple. I submitted an application and resume in store and was called for an interview. The interview was short; I was asked why I wanted to work there and what I thought I could contribute.

Interview Questions

• As Catherines is a store for plus sizes, and I do not shop there, I was asked if I thought I'd be comfortable with comments from customers about how I'm not a plus sized woman.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. As a broke college student in a town where too many people needed jobs, I didn't have much room to argue.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Catherines in March 2012.

Interview

Everyone was pleasant.

Negotiation

They gave me what I asked.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Catherines in May 2011.

Interview

I went in to my neighborhood Catherine's and asked the manager if they were hiring, she told me know but I could fill out an application anyway. She ended up calling me a week later and asking me if I was available for an interview the next day. I interviewed and was offered the job.