Catholic Charities USA

Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.9

Case Manager Interview

Interview

Very relaxed initial interview with director of HR. The HR director is a very respectable and approachable woman who asks easy and fair questions. She is 100% the type to know if you're full of crap or not, so I wouldn't bother trying to BS her. The interview was around 15 minutes but went very fast because she was just a pleasure.

Interview Questions

• What was the most serious and unexpected situation you've dealt with in the past and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Key words: NONPROFIT

Job Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA in July 2014.

Interview

Got the approval by the office director and then I had to wait for the regional director to give the ok, at the end they came to me with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your self in the next five years in the company   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice. Thought i was going to get the job but did not.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Overland Park, KS) in March 2014.

Interview

very detailed and tedious; I thought it was very comprehensive on Microsoft products. I spent a mega-amount of time trying to get every question correct. I did well she told me, but I did not get the job. I was very sad. I had several interviews and was narrowed to 3. I thought the ladies were very nice I interviewed with but I did not understand why they did not pick me.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle someone coming in off the street.   1 Answer

Caseworker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Interview

Three interviews total, two at local office and one in Manhattan with HR. Management very willing and able to answer questions about the agency. Interviewers want you to be the right candidate so they are rooting for you to do well. Don't take it personally if you don't get an offer, as positions are competitive and they are often looking for a specific type of candidate to carry out special projects. Also don't panic if they don't call you right away. The hiring process is a long one (can last 1-2 months).

Interview Questions

• If you are in the office late on a Friday night finishing case notes, alone in the building, and hear someone banging on the door because they are going to be evicted, what do you do?   2 Answers

Negotiation

The salary ranges for direct services staff are only $2k-$3k but if you are being hired to work in management, you will have more flexibility to negotiate your salary.

Financial Adviser Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in August 2013.

Interview

15 min phone interview with Finance program manager.

Interview Questions

• Not any difficult questions in phone interview: self-introduction, why do you want to work for Catholic Charities, how could you run a project without complete information   Answer Question

Bilingual Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

First contact after submission of my resume,I was instructed to read online the history and mission statement of Catholic Charities and then to comment/ask questions online. If they liked the comments I made I was directed to contact HR to arrange a series of interviews which included a group interview and then an interview with director. And then official transcripts and recommendations were sent to Human Resources. Salary negotiation occurred through email.

Interview Questions

• A case study was presented and then I was asked what my plan of treatment would be.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

interview process was three parts. overall people were personable and easy going allowing for a smooth conversation

Interview Questions

• what would you do to reach sales goals and bring in customers without financial assistance   Answer Question

Kitchen Help Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

I was looking for a job and I went to the unemployment office so they some flyers for Aarp so I decide to feel one out so that what happen . I been working every since.

Interview Questions

• The only question that I was ask was. Am I a Resignted Sex Offender   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview was very straight forward and comfortable. Provide real world examples of experiences working with clients, demonstrate respect for the populations served. Work culture is very relaxed, but professional. Training and background in social services is highly desirable.