Catholic Charities USA

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.8

Job Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA in July 2014.

Got the approval by the office director and then I had to wait for the regional director to give the ok, at the end they came to me with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see your self in the next five years in the company   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Interviewer was very nice. Thought i was going to get the job but did not.

Caseworker Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Three interviews total, two at local office and one in Manhattan with HR. Management very willing and able to answer questions about the agency. Interviewers want you to be the right candidate so they are rooting for you to do well. Don't take it personally if you don't get an offer, as positions are competitive and they are often looking for a specific type of candidate to carry out special projects. Also don't panic if they don't call you right away. The hiring process is a long one (can last 1-2 months).

Interview Questions
    • If you are in the office late on a Friday night finishing case notes, alone in the building, and hear someone banging on the door because they are going to be evicted, what do you do?   View Answers (2)
    The salary ranges for direct services staff are only $2k-$3k but if you are being hired to work in management, you will have more flexibility to negotiate your salary.

Financial Adviser Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in August 2013.

15 min phone interview with Finance program manager.

Interview Questions
    • Not any difficult questions in phone interview: self-introduction, why do you want to work for Catholic Charities, how could you run a project without complete information   Answer Question

Bilingual Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2013.

First contact after submission of my resume,I was instructed to read online the history and mission statement of Catholic Charities and then to comment/ask questions online. If they liked the comments I made I was directed to contact HR to arrange a series of interviews which included a group interview and then an interview with director. And then official transcripts and recommendations were sent to Human Resources. Salary negotiation occurred through email.

Interview Questions
    • A case study was presented and then I was asked what my plan of treatment would be.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA in June 2012.

interview process was three parts. overall people were personable and easy going allowing for a smooth conversation

Interview Questions
    • what would you do to reach sales goals and bring in customers without financial assistance   Answer Question

Kitchen Help Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2012.

I was looking for a job and I went to the unemployment office so they some flyers for Aarp so I decide to feel one out so that what happen . I been working every since.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that I was ask was. Am I a Resignted Sex Offender   View Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA in August 2011.

Interview was very straight forward and comfortable. Provide real world examples of experiences working with clients, demonstrate respect for the populations served. Work culture is very relaxed, but professional. Training and background in social services is highly desirable.

A Director Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2011.

I was contacted by email to schedule a short screen (about 10-15 minutes).

Then a few days later I was asked to interview with a small group. The meeting with the small group was much more intense than I expected. The interviewers had a list of specific questions. The whole interview was about an hour.

Then a few weeks later I asked to present and met with the CEO (about an hour). The CEO was very informal and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • How would you seek buy-in from your direct-reports, who have worked with this origination for a long period of time?   Answer Question
    • How long would you commit to staying with this organization?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2011.

The interviewer was very professional, and eager to give me the job because of the high case volume.

Interview Questions
    • Why I am looking to get a summer job as medical assistant when I study for Interior Designer?   Answer Question