Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.8

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Denver, CO).

Interview

Panel interview. My interview took place several years ago - leadership has changed. I normally would not have accepted a "pitch a plan" interview; but did so because I had a strong interest in seeing the organization succeed regardless of my interview success.

Interview Questions

• Share a communications plan (asked to research and prepare beforehand and present to the panel)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Portland, ME) in May 2015.

Interview

interviewed with General Manager at Marriott, downtown Portland, Maine. Interview went well and GM asked interesting questions. Interview lasted about an hour Very relaxed, one on one with GM in lobby of hotel.. Outcome of interview was they would let me know in a few weeks. Had several more candidates to interview that week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work third shift? What was one of the best jobs you have done in your work history and why was that job so great?   1 Answer
    • The GM said the job process of hiring would take a while. They need to do background checks, drug screening and have more applicants to interview.   1 Answer

School Age Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online by clicking the job post and submitting my resume and cover letter to the email address provided. I received a phone call the next day and did a very brief pre-screening interview with the director. She asked why I applied and what my salary expectations were. We then set up an in-person interview for a few days later. The interview was one on one and very comfortable. During the interview, I had to fill out a standard fill in the blank application.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals? Why do you want to work here? I have an elementary education degree, so she asked why I was interviewing with her and not a public school. How do you handle stressful situations? What's one of your weaknesses? What are a few strengths?   Answer Question

Behavioral Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked a series of questions that they wrote down the answers to which included experience, education and commitment. I have experience with public speaking and thinking on my feet, which I believe really helped in the interview. I know many people would have otherwise find this interview to be tough.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with addiction and recovery?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Really friendly! I enjoyed the way I was treated. They took me to a back room and asked me about my educational and work experiences. I interviewed with two different people. Both of them were really up beat and positive. I left feeling encouraged and valued.

Interview Questions

• How can one help people and remain a level of professionality?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Interview

Very relaxed initial interview with director of HR. The HR director is a very respectable and approachable woman who asks easy and fair questions. She is 100% the type to know if you're full of crap or not, so I wouldn't bother trying to BS her. The interview was around 15 minutes but went very fast because she was just a pleasure.

Interview Questions

• What was the most serious and unexpected situation you've dealt with in the past and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Key words: NONPROFIT

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New Brunswick, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview is designed to explain the position, agency mission, and open the forum for questions both ways.They are looking to your ability to work with homeless and how you conduct yourself in the interview. The Management involved in the interview process can be critical and a bit judgmental. Be professional.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It wasn't able to negotiate.

Job Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in July 2014.

Interview

Got the approval by the office director and then I had to wait for the regional director to give the ok, at the end they came to me with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your self in the next five years in the company   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice. Thought i was going to get the job but did not.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Overland Park, KS) in March 2014.

Interview

very detailed and tedious; I thought it was very comprehensive on Microsoft products. I spent a mega-amount of time trying to get every question correct. I did well she told me, but I did not get the job. I was very sad. I had several interviews and was narrowed to 3. I thought the ladies were very nice I interviewed with but I did not understand why they did not pick me.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle someone coming in off the street.   1 Answer