Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.6

School Age Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online by clicking the job post and submitting my resume and cover letter to the email address provided. I received a phone call the next day and did a very brief pre-screening interview with the director. She asked why I applied and what my salary expectations were. We then set up an in-person interview for a few days later. The interview was one on one and very comfortable. During the interview, I had to fill out a standard fill in the blank application.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals? Why do you want to work here? I have an elementary education degree, so she asked why I was interviewing with her and not a public school. How do you handle stressful situations? What's one of your weaknesses? What are a few strengths?   Answer Question

Behavioral Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked a series of questions that they wrote down the answers to which included experience, education and commitment. I have experience with public speaking and thinking on my feet, which I believe really helped in the interview. I know many people would have otherwise find this interview to be tough.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with addiction and recovery?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Interview

Very relaxed initial interview with director of HR. The HR director is a very respectable and approachable woman who asks easy and fair questions. She is 100% the type to know if you're full of crap or not, so I wouldn't bother trying to BS her. The interview was around 15 minutes but went very fast because she was just a pleasure.

Interview Questions

• What was the most serious and unexpected situation you've dealt with in the past and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Key words: NONPROFIT

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New Brunswick, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview is designed to explain the position, agency mission, and open the forum for questions both ways.They are looking to your ability to work with homeless and how you conduct yourself in the interview. The Management involved in the interview process can be critical and a bit judgmental. Be professional.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It wasn't able to negotiate.

Job Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in July 2014.

Interview

Got the approval by the office director and then I had to wait for the regional director to give the ok, at the end they came to me with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your self in the next five years in the company   Answer Question

Caseworker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Interview

Three interviews total, two at local office and one in Manhattan with HR. Management very willing and able to answer questions about the agency. Interviewers want you to be the right candidate so they are rooting for you to do well. Don't take it personally if you don't get an offer, as positions are competitive and they are often looking for a specific type of candidate to carry out special projects. Also don't panic if they don't call you right away. The hiring process is a long one (can last 1-2 months).

Interview Questions

• If you are in the office late on a Friday night finishing case notes, alone in the building, and hear someone banging on the door because they are going to be evicted, what do you do?   2 Answers

Negotiation

The salary ranges for direct services staff are only $2k-$3k but if you are being hired to work in management, you will have more flexibility to negotiate your salary.

Bilingual Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

First contact after submission of my resume,I was instructed to read online the history and mission statement of Catholic Charities and then to comment/ask questions online. If they liked the comments I made I was directed to contact HR to arrange a series of interviews which included a group interview and then an interview with director. And then official transcripts and recommendations were sent to Human Resources. Salary negotiation occurred through email.

Interview Questions

• A case study was presented and then I was asked what my plan of treatment would be.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

interview process was three parts. overall people were personable and easy going allowing for a smooth conversation

Interview Questions

• what would you do to reach sales goals and bring in customers without financial assistance   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview was very straight forward and comfortable. Provide real world examples of experiences working with clients, demonstrate respect for the populations served. Work culture is very relaxed, but professional. Training and background in social services is highly desirable.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was very professional, and eager to give me the job because of the high case volume.

Interview Questions

• Why I am looking to get a summer job as medical assistant when I study for Interior Designer?   Answer Question