Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.8

A Director Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by email to schedule a short screen (about 10-15 minutes). Then a few days later I was asked to interview with a small group. The meeting with the small group was much more intense than I expected. The interviewers had a list of specific questions. The whole interview was about an hour. Then a few weeks later I asked to present and met with the CEO (about an hour). The CEO was very informal and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How would you seek buy-in from your direct-reports, who have worked with this origination for a long period of time?   Answer Question
    • How long would you commit to staying with this organization?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Overland Park, KS) in March 2014.

Interview

very detailed and tedious; I thought it was very comprehensive on Microsoft products. I spent a mega-amount of time trying to get every question correct. I did well she told me, but I did not get the job. I was very sad. I had several interviews and was narrowed to 3. I thought the ladies were very nice I interviewed with but I did not understand why they did not pick me.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle someone coming in off the street.   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Denver, CO).

Interview

Panel interview. My interview took place several years ago - leadership has changed. I normally would not have accepted a "pitch a plan" interview; but did so because I had a strong interest in seeing the organization succeed regardless of my interview success.

Interview Questions

• Share a communications plan (asked to research and prepare beforehand and present to the panel)   Answer Question

Behavioral Health Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked a series of questions that they wrote down the answers to which included experience, education and commitment. I have experience with public speaking and thinking on my feet, which I believe really helped in the interview. I know many people would have otherwise find this interview to be tough.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with addiction and recovery?   1 Answer

Bilingual Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

First contact after submission of my resume,I was instructed to read online the history and mission statement of Catholic Charities and then to comment/ask questions online. If they liked the comments I made I was directed to contact HR to arrange a series of interviews which included a group interview and then an interview with director. And then official transcripts and recommendations were sent to Human Resources. Salary negotiation occurred through email.

Interview Questions

• A case study was presented and then I was asked what my plan of treatment would be.   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Interview

Very relaxed initial interview with director of HR. The HR director is a very respectable and approachable woman who asks easy and fair questions. She is 100% the type to know if you're full of crap or not, so I wouldn't bother trying to BS her. The interview was around 15 minutes but went very fast because she was just a pleasure.

Interview Questions

• What was the most serious and unexpected situation you've dealt with in the past and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Key words: NONPROFIT

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Really friendly! I enjoyed the way I was treated. They took me to a back room and asked me about my educational and work experiences. I interviewed with two different people. Both of them were really up beat and positive. I left feeling encouraged and valued.

Interview Questions

• How can one help people and remain a level of professionality?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview was very straight forward and comfortable. Provide real world examples of experiences working with clients, demonstrate respect for the populations served. Work culture is very relaxed, but professional. Training and background in social services is highly desirable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2009.

Interview

Strong, followed a set scheduled of which I was aware

Interview Questions

• describing how the core values could be translated into day-to-day job duties   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate salary, but it did meet my requirements

Kitchen Help Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

I was looking for a job and I went to the unemployment office so they some flyers for Aarp so I decide to feel one out so that what happen . I been working every since.

Interview Questions

• The only question that I was ask was. Am I a Resignted Sex Offender   1 Answer