Catholic Charities USA

Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.9

A Director Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by email to schedule a short screen (about 10-15 minutes).

Then a few days later I was asked to interview with a small group. The meeting with the small group was much more intense than I expected. The interviewers had a list of specific questions. The whole interview was about an hour.

Then a few weeks later I asked to present and met with the CEO (about an hour). The CEO was very informal and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How would you seek buy-in from your direct-reports, who have worked with this origination for a long period of time?   Answer Question
    • How long would you commit to staying with this organization?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Overland Park, KS) in March 2014.

Interview

very detailed and tedious; I thought it was very comprehensive on Microsoft products. I spent a mega-amount of time trying to get every question correct. I did well she told me, but I did not get the job. I was very sad. I had several interviews and was narrowed to 3. I thought the ladies were very nice I interviewed with but I did not understand why they did not pick me.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle someone coming in off the street.   1 Answer

Kitchen Help Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

I was looking for a job and I went to the unemployment office so they some flyers for Aarp so I decide to feel one out so that what happen . I been working every since.

Interview Questions

• The only question that I was ask was. Am I a Resignted Sex Offender   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA in June 2010.

Interview

I received a call for an interview, went in, and was ask about every item on my resume. Then the interviewer explained the job in detail and benefits associated with working at the organization. The next day I received a letter indicating that I would not be asked for another interview. The environment was somewhat stale but the people were friendly enough.

Case Manager Interview

Interview

Very relaxed initial interview with director of HR. The HR director is a very respectable and approachable woman who asks easy and fair questions. She is 100% the type to know if you're full of crap or not, so I wouldn't bother trying to BS her. The interview was around 15 minutes but went very fast because she was just a pleasure.

Interview Questions

• What was the most serious and unexpected situation you've dealt with in the past and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Key words: NONPROFIT

Disaster Recovery Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Houston, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

Straight forward and fair. A college degree was required and the interview process was quick.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with personal loss and how did you overcome?   Answer Question
    • How will you cope with hearing tragic stories repeatedly?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job was grant funded and the salary was unable to be negotiated.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

interview process was three parts. overall people were personable and easy going allowing for a smooth conversation

Interview Questions

• what would you do to reach sales goals and bring in customers without financial assistance   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview was very straight forward and comfortable. Provide real world examples of experiences working with clients, demonstrate respect for the populations served. Work culture is very relaxed, but professional. Training and background in social services is highly desirable.

Human Resources Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2009.

Interview

Strong, followed a set scheduled of which I was aware

Interview Questions

• describing how the core values could be translated into day-to-day job duties   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate salary, but it did meet my requirements

Bilingual Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

First contact after submission of my resume,I was instructed to read online the history and mission statement of Catholic Charities and then to comment/ask questions online. If they liked the comments I made I was directed to contact HR to arrange a series of interviews which included a group interview and then an interview with director. And then official transcripts and recommendations were sent to Human Resources. Salary negotiation occurred through email.

Interview Questions

• A case study was presented and then I was asked what my plan of treatment would be.   1 Answer