Catholic Charities USA

Catholic Charities USA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.8

Caseworker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Interview

Three interviews total, two at local office and one in Manhattan with HR. Management very willing and able to answer questions about the agency. Interviewers want you to be the right candidate so they are rooting for you to do well. Don't take it personally if you don't get an offer, as positions are competitive and they are often looking for a specific type of candidate to carry out special projects. Also don't panic if they don't call you right away. The hiring process is a long one (can last 1-2 months).

Interview Questions

• If you are in the office late on a Friday night finishing case notes, alone in the building, and hear someone banging on the door because they are going to be evicted, what do you do?   2 Answers

Negotiation

The salary ranges for direct services staff are only $2k-$3k but if you are being hired to work in management, you will have more flexibility to negotiate your salary.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice. Thought i was going to get the job but did not.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Portland, ME) in May 2015.

Interview

interviewed with General Manager at Marriott, downtown Portland, Maine. Interview went well and GM asked interesting questions. Interview lasted about an hour Very relaxed, one on one with GM in lobby of hotel.. Outcome of interview was they would let me know in a few weeks. Had several more candidates to interview that week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work third shift?
      What was one of the best jobs you have done in your work history and why was that job so great?

1 Answer
    • The GM said the job process of hiring would take a while. They need to do background checks, drug screening and have more applicants to interview.   1 Answer

Job Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA in July 2014.

Interview

Got the approval by the office director and then I had to wait for the regional director to give the ok, at the end they came to me with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your self in the next five years in the company   Answer Question

School Age Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online by clicking the job post and submitting my resume and cover letter to the email address provided. I received a phone call the next day and did a very brief pre-screening interview with the director. She asked why I applied and what my salary expectations were. We then set up an in-person interview for a few days later. The interview was one on one and very comfortable. During the interview, I had to fill out a standard fill in the blank application.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals? Why do you want to work here? I have an elementary education degree, so she asked why I was interviewing with her and not a public school. How do you handle stressful situations? What's one of your weaknesses? What are a few strengths?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was very professional, and eager to give me the job because of the high case volume.

Interview Questions

• Why I am looking to get a summer job as medical assistant when I study for Interior Designer?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New Orleans, LA) in May 2010.

Interview

As the advertised position was a part of an emergency, temporary project, the interview process was not typical of the organization's hiring process. However, the organization responds to disasters with new programs, so this may happen again. I was referred to the project manager as someone who had the skills to fill the position and, as the position needed to be filled immediately, the manager (friendly but professional) briefly interviewed me on site and reviewed my credentials. Then, I volunteered and was trained in the position for one week before being officially hired. I had to submit documentation and proof of my education to HR.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle difficult cases in which the clients may be angry or threatening towards you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was not negotiable. There was a certain amount of funding available for the position.

Financial Adviser Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in August 2013.

Interview

15 min phone interview with Finance program manager.

Interview Questions

• Not any difficult questions in phone interview: self-introduction, why do you want to work for Catholic Charities, how could you run a project without complete information   Answer Question

Disaster Recovery Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Houston, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

Straight forward and fair. A college degree was required and the interview process was quick.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with personal loss and how did you overcome?   Answer Question
    • How will you cope with hearing tragic stories repeatedly?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job was grant funded and the salary was unable to be negotiated.

Human Resources Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2009.

Interview

Strong, followed a set scheduled of which I was aware

Interview Questions

• describing how the core values could be translated into day-to-day job duties   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate salary, but it did meet my requirements