Catholic Charities USA

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Interviewer was very nice. Thought i was going to get the job but did not.

Caseworker Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Three interviews total, two at local office and one in Manhattan with HR. Management very willing and able to answer questions about the agency. Interviewers want you to be the right candidate so they are rooting for you to do well. Don't take it personally if you don't get an offer, as positions are competitive and they are often looking for a specific type of candidate to carry out special projects. Also don't panic if they don't call you right away. The hiring process is a long one (can last 1-2 months).

Interview Questions
    • If you are in the office late on a Friday night finishing case notes, alone in the building, and hear someone banging on the door because they are going to be evicted, what do you do?   View Answers (2)
    The salary ranges for direct services staff are only $2k-$3k but if you are being hired to work in management, you will have more flexibility to negotiate your salary.

Financial Adviser Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in August 2013.

15 min phone interview with Finance program manager.

Interview Questions
    • Not any difficult questions in phone interview: self-introduction, why do you want to work for Catholic Charities, how could you run a project without complete information   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2011.

The interviewer was very professional, and eager to give me the job because of the high case volume.

Interview Questions
    • Why I am looking to get a summer job as medical assistant when I study for Interior Designer?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2010.

As the advertised position was a part of an emergency, temporary project, the interview process was not typical of the organization's hiring process. However, the organization responds to disasters with new programs, so this may happen again. I was referred to the project manager as someone who had the skills to fill the position and, as the position needed to be filled immediately, the manager (friendly but professional) briefly interviewed me on site and reviewed my credentials. Then, I volunteered and was trained in the position for one week before being officially hired. I had to submit documentation and proof of my education to HR.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle difficult cases in which the clients may be angry or threatening towards you?   Answer Question
    It was not negotiable. There was a certain amount of funding available for the position.

Human Resources Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2009.

Strong, followed a set scheduled of which I was aware

Interview Questions
    • describing how the core values could be translated into day-to-day job duties   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate salary, but it did meet my requirements

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in June 2012.

interview process was three parts. overall people were personable and easy going allowing for a smooth conversation

Interview Questions
    • what would you do to reach sales goals and bring in customers without financial assistance   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in August 2011.

Interview was very straight forward and comfortable. Provide real world examples of experiences working with clients, demonstrate respect for the populations served. Work culture is very relaxed, but professional. Training and background in social services is highly desirable.

Kitchen Help Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2012.

I was looking for a job and I went to the unemployment office so they some flyers for Aarp so I decide to feel one out so that what happen . I been working every since.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that I was ask was. Am I a Resignted Sex Offender   View Answer

Disaster Recovery Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in September 2009.

Straight forward and fair. A college degree was required and the interview process was quick.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with personal loss and how did you overcome?   Answer Question
    • How will you cope with hearing tragic stories repeatedly?   Answer Question
    The job was grant funded and the salary was unable to be negotiated.

Worked for Catholic Charities USA? Contribute to the Community!