Catholic Charities USA

Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Overland Park, KS) in March 2014.

Interview

very detailed and tedious; I thought it was very comprehensive on Microsoft products. I spent a mega-amount of time trying to get every question correct. I did well she told me, but I did not get the job. I was very sad. I had several interviews and was narrowed to 3. I thought the ladies were very nice I interviewed with but I did not understand why they did not pick me.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle someone coming in off the street.   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Interview

Very relaxed initial interview with director of HR. The HR director is a very respectable and approachable woman who asks easy and fair questions. She is 100% the type to know if you're full of crap or not, so I wouldn't bother trying to BS her. The interview was around 15 minutes but went very fast because she was just a pleasure.

Interview Questions

• What was the most serious and unexpected situation you've dealt with in the past and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Key words: NONPROFIT

Job Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA in July 2014.

Interview

Got the approval by the office director and then I had to wait for the regional director to give the ok, at the end they came to me with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your self in the next five years in the company   Answer Question

Kitchen Help Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

I was looking for a job and I went to the unemployment office so they some flyers for Aarp so I decide to feel one out so that what happen . I been working every since.

Interview Questions

• The only question that I was ask was. Am I a Resignted Sex Offender   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice. Thought i was going to get the job but did not.

Bilingual Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

First contact after submission of my resume,I was instructed to read online the history and mission statement of Catholic Charities and then to comment/ask questions online. If they liked the comments I made I was directed to contact HR to arrange a series of interviews which included a group interview and then an interview with director. And then official transcripts and recommendations were sent to Human Resources. Salary negotiation occurred through email.

Interview Questions

• A case study was presented and then I was asked what my plan of treatment would be.   1 Answer

Caseworker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Interview

Three interviews total, two at local office and one in Manhattan with HR. Management very willing and able to answer questions about the agency. Interviewers want you to be the right candidate so they are rooting for you to do well. Don't take it personally if you don't get an offer, as positions are competitive and they are often looking for a specific type of candidate to carry out special projects. Also don't panic if they don't call you right away. The hiring process is a long one (can last 1-2 months).

Interview Questions

• If you are in the office late on a Friday night finishing case notes, alone in the building, and hear someone banging on the door because they are going to be evicted, what do you do?   2 Answers

Negotiation

The salary ranges for direct services staff are only $2k-$3k but if you are being hired to work in management, you will have more flexibility to negotiate your salary.

Financial Adviser Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in August 2013.

Interview

15 min phone interview with Finance program manager.

Interview Questions

• Not any difficult questions in phone interview: self-introduction, why do you want to work for Catholic Charities, how could you run a project without complete information   Answer Question

Human Resources Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2009.

Interview

Strong, followed a set scheduled of which I was aware

Interview Questions

• describing how the core values could be translated into day-to-day job duties   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate salary, but it did meet my requirements

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Catholic Charities USA (New Orleans, LA) in May 2010.

Interview

As the advertised position was a part of an emergency, temporary project, the interview process was not typical of the organization's hiring process. However, the organization responds to disasters with new programs, so this may happen again. I was referred to the project manager as someone who had the skills to fill the position and, as the position needed to be filled immediately, the manager (friendly but professional) briefly interviewed me on site and reviewed my credentials. Then, I volunteered and was trained in the position for one week before being officially hired. I had to submit documentation and proof of my education to HR.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle difficult cases in which the clients may be angry or threatening towards you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was not negotiable. There was a certain amount of funding available for the position.