Catholic Charities USA

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Interview Details – Interviewer was very nice. Thought i was going to get the job but did not.

Bilingual Counselor Interview

Bilingual Counselor
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2013.

Interview Details – First contact after submission of my resume,I was instructed to read online the history and mission statement of Catholic Charities and then to comment/ask questions online. If they liked the comments I made I was directed to contact HR to arrange a series of interviews which included a group interview and then an interview with director. And then official transcripts and recommendations were sent to Human Resources. Salary negotiation occurred through email.

Interview Question – A case study was presented and then I was asked what my plan of treatment would be.   View Answer

Caseworker Interview

Caseworker

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA.

Interview Details – Three interviews total, two at local office and one in Manhattan with HR. Management very willing and able to answer questions about the agency. Interviewers want you to be the right candidate so they are rooting for you to do well. Don't take it personally if you don't get an offer, as positions are competitive and they are often looking for a specific type of candidate to carry out special projects. Also don't panic if they don't call you right away. The hiring process is a long one (can last 1-2 months).

Interview Question – If you are in the office late on a Friday night finishing case notes, alone in the building, and hear someone banging on the door because they are going to be evicted, what do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary ranges for direct services staff are only $2k-$3k but if you are being hired to work in management, you will have more flexibility to negotiate your salary.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Adviser Interview

Financial Adviser

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in August 2013.

Interview Details – 15 min phone interview with Finance program manager.

Interview Question – Not any difficult questions in phone interview: self-introduction, why do you want to work for Catholic Charities, how could you run a project without complete information   Answer Question

Human Resources Supervisor Interview

Human Resources Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2009.

Interview Details – Strong, followed a set scheduled of which I was aware

Interview Question – describing how the core values could be translated into day-to-day job duties   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate salary, but it did meet my requirements

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager
New Orleans, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2010.

Interview Details – As the advertised position was a part of an emergency, temporary project, the interview process was not typical of the organization's hiring process. However, the organization responds to disasters with new programs, so this may happen again. I was referred to the project manager as someone who had the skills to fill the position and, as the position needed to be filled immediately, the manager (friendly but professional) briefly interviewed me on site and reviewed my credentials. Then, I volunteered and was trained in the position for one week before being officially hired. I had to submit documentation and proof of my education to HR.

Interview Question – How would you handle difficult cases in which the clients may be angry or threatening towards you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was not negotiable. There was a certain amount of funding available for the position.

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was very straight forward and comfortable. Provide real world examples of experiences working with clients, demonstrate respect for the populations served. Work culture is very relaxed, but professional. Training and background in social services is highly desirable.

Interview Question – How do you establish firm boundaries with clients/   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in June 2012.

Interview Details – interview process was three parts. overall people were personable and easy going allowing for a smooth conversation

Interview Question – what would you do to reach sales goals and bring in customers without financial assistance   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Medical Assistant
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very professional, and eager to give me the job because of the high case volume.

Interview Question – Why I am looking to get a summer job as medical assistant when I study for Interior Designer?   Answer Question

Disaster Recovery Case Manager Interview

Disaster Recovery Case Manager
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Catholic Charities USA in September 2009.

Interview Details – Straight forward and fair. A college degree was required and the interview process was quick.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with personal loss and how did you overcome?   Answer Question
  • How will you cope with hearing tragic stories repeatedly?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The job was grant funded and the salary was unable to be negotiated.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Catholic Charities USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Catholic Charities USA interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Catholic Charities USA employees and interview candidates.