Catholic University

Updated Aug 23, 2014
Updated Aug 23, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Catholic University

Student Affairs Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Catholic University.

2 part interview process-- First was a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. I was then called for an on-campus interview which lasted two hours. The first part of the interview was about 45 minutes with the director followed by a panel interview.
    The interview questions were well thought questions. Not a canned interview approach. Each person had thoroughly read my resume and cover letter and posed relevant questions.
     Following the interview all of my references were checked and then I was offered the job about 7-10 days later.
    HR called with the job offer and salary offer (not the director/manager) which was unusual. HR was totally unwilling to negotiate on salary or benefit package at all. Experience with HR was negative.
    The entire process took about 2+ months.

The offer was way lower than comparable positions at comparable institutions. It was also too low for the cost of living in the DC area. Further, HR was unwilling to negotiate in the slightest-- something that I've never encountered before in any previous job. If the salary had been adequate, then I probably would not have needed to negotiate.

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Catholic University.

Graduate school application

Sacristan Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Catholic University in September 2010.

I had one interview after submitting a short statement of intent. The interview was short and to the point, and I was offered a position the next day. The interview focused on the technical requirements of the position, the ability to create and maintain my own hours, and the importance of the job for the Church at large, as well as in the community.

Interview Questions

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Catholic University in April 2010.

One day interview. The typical: meeting with search committee, school installations and labs tour, meeting with Dean, class presentation to students and faculty, lunch with student leadership, university tour, closing interview with search committee, dinner with a few faculty.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think CUA should choose to hire you?   View Answer

Low salary offer