Catholic University Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jun 23, 2015

3.4

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

First, there was a phone screening. The person performing the screening told me the interview process would be as follows: finish the rest of the phone screenings; conduct phone interviews for the best candidates from the phone screenings; invite the strongest phone interview contenders onto campus for the first round of interviews; then have a second round of interviews based on the first round of on campus interviews; and finally provide an offer. Apparently, I did so well during the screening, I was asked to come in for an interview. I was flattered. However, it snowed the day before my interview. The University had a 2 hour delayed opening. I was in constant email contact with one of the two interviewers, letting her know I was going to be there when the university opened if it didn't disrupt the interviewers schedule. She assured me everything was fine, and to be at the university when it opened. When I arrived at the interview, I was greeted by the phone screener and the second interviewer. She told me that the other interviewer could not make it because the public schools were closed and he needed to stay home and take care of his child. She and I continued the interview, with most of the same questions she asked on the phone being asked again face-to-face. The only other different interview question asked is given below. Whether I answered it properly or not (to her subjective liking) is another question. I'm assuming not, since she told me she'd call me "In a couple of days," to reschedule the interview to include the other interviewer, but she never did. She never even called to say the position was given to someone else. I called after 2 weeks wondering what happened (as I am from academia. This is the first time applying for staff positions. As a professor, I always received an email, phone call, letter, something that told me what was next). That's when she told me they offered the job to someone else, and if that person doesn't accept, then she'll contact me. Pretty rude in my book.

Interview Questions

• "We have a male professor who only teaches using videos. How would you approach this person and help him change?"   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

That was A phone interview which took about 15 minutes. Three interviewers but questions were mainly from one of them, who asked tough questions like why you took an industrial job when you graduated. At the end of the interview, they asked me if I have any questions. The phone interview went fine.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in October 2012.

Interview

There was an online application, and then a follow up interview. The interview was professional yet relaxed. The interviewer was kind and welcoming and very approachable. She addressed the mission of the office and the requirements of the position. We discussed how I would handle my course work as well as working with the office.

Sacristan Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in September 2010.

Interview

I had one interview after submitting a short statement of intent. The interview was short and to the point, and I was offered a position the next day. The interview focused on the technical requirements of the position, the ability to create and maintain my own hours, and the importance of the job for the Church at large, as well as in the community.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Catholic University (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

One day interview. The typical: meeting with search committee, school installations and labs tour, meeting with Dean, class presentation to students and faculty, lunch with student leadership, university tour, closing interview with search committee, dinner with a few faculty.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think CUA should choose to hire you?   1 Answer

Low salary offer