Catlin Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Technical Position Interview

Senior Technical Position
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Catlin Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was approached by a recruiter for a Senior Technical position.
After a telephonic interview in late Dec-2013 I was asked to come down to the head office in Atlanta for an in-person interview in early Jan-2014. There were 6 rounds with different interview panels/groups .They made me feel comfortable and asked a lot questions to gauge my interpersonal and technical skills . There questions were mostly behavioral,technical,analytic,business case scenarios..
This was followed by another technical interview a week later .

Interview Question – 1. Why do you prefer Catlin over other companies ?
2. Why are you leaving your current company ?
3. They asked about the biggest challenges that I faced in my current company and how I tackled them?
  Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Technical Architect
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Catlin Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was a phone screen. Very polite, gave me all the information I needed, asked very specific questions to make sure I had the requisite qualifications.

Interview Question – Which position I would be "happier" in. I have been a consultant for many years and have not thought about positions making me "happy."   View Answer

Actuarial Intern Interview

Actuarial Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Catlin Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – People are very nice, office is great.

Interview Question – Tell me a project you developed   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Underwriting Assistant
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Catlin Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – First session would be with the HR Executive, followed by a video conference call from the respective team in the region you will work with, finally a meeting with the director.

Interview Question – Premium and lines calculation a little bit of challenging for non-insurance candidates.   Answer Question

ERM Intern Interview

ERM Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Catlin Group.

Interview Details – 4 Online Tests
Phone Interview

Interview Question – What remains last on your to-do list and why ?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Catlin Group.

Interview Details – Did online verbal and numerical reasoning tests which are quite easy (however, ensure you are au fait with the format, questions, and general scheme of these tests). Was then taken forward for a telephone interview.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult thing you have accomplished?   View Answer

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Underwriting Assistant
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Catlin Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – Fairly unprofessional throughout the process, interviewer was often unprepared and gave me the run around regard job offers.

Interview Question – Behavioural questions, nothing unique   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The had changed their mind 3 or 4 times regarding the position they wanted me for and ultimately only offered a 6 month contract.

Summer Finance Intern Interview

Summer Finance Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Catlin Group.

Interview Details – Initial online application followed by numerical test (SHL) and then a verbal reasoning test (also SHL). After this I was invited to a telephone interview fairly soon after, I applied late so this may explain the fast response. 40 Minute telephone interview with a member of HR, mainly focusing on my knowledge of the company and the internship, as well as the role of the finance department.

Interview Question – Caught me out on the finance questions as I had little knowledge of the area, also some competency based questions such as describe a time when you had to change someone's mind and how you did it.   Answer Question

Catlin Development Programmer Interview

Catlin Development Programmer

Interviewed at Catlin Group

Interview Details – I had a phone interview a few days ago. The recruiter was friendly; I asked her to repeat the questions sometimes because I didn't always understand what exactly she was asking. Not a bad experience, typical questions like why this programme, why Catlin, etc and then some personal questions that I answered based on my cv, nothing techinical. Lasted about 40 minutes.

Interview Question – Why would you choose Catlin instead of other companies you have applied?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Catlin Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – initially had phone interview and then technical skills test

Interview Question – questions were focused on more technical questions rather than behavioural   Answer Question

Worked for Catlin Group? Contribute to the Community!