Catlin Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

3.1

Senior Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Catlin Group.

Interview

Not enough questions asked of interviewer. Topics bounced back and forth with too much discussion of past employees. Benefits were discussed in detail and were a selling point, especially since I was unhappy at my former place of work. Opportunity for growth was discussed, which was a positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little negotiation.

Senior Technical Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Catlin Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter for a Senior Technical position.
    After a telephonic interview in late Dec-2013 I was asked to come down to the head office in Atlanta for an in-person interview in early Jan-2014. There were 6 rounds with different interview panels/groups .They made me feel comfortable and asked a lot questions to gauge my interpersonal and technical skills . There questions were mostly behavioral,technical,analytic,business case scenarios..
    This was followed by another technical interview a week later .

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you prefer Catlin over other companies ?
      2. Why are you leaving your current company ?
      3. They asked about the biggest challenges that I faced in my current company and how I tackled them?

Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Catlin Group (Atlanta, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone screen. Very polite, gave me all the information I needed, asked very specific questions to make sure I had the requisite qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Which position I would be "happier" in. I have been a consultant for many years and have not thought about positions making me "happy."   1 Answer

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Catlin Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

People are very nice, office is great.

Finance Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Catlin Group.

Interview

Application is made online where you fill out a general form and answer several career motivation and competency based questions. I was then invited to take 3 online tests, numerical, verbal and logical. These were all standard SHL tests. I was then invited to telephone interview which was competency based, I didn't find it particularly challenging, some of their questions were very open ended which was a little frustrating.

Interview Questions

• You are given a particularly challenging project. How would you ensure that you achieve the best possible outcome?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview, strength based questions and it lasted around 45 minutes. HR rep was nice and helped you along with questions when you got stuck, felt that I had a good interview however did not make it to the next round, it took very long to receive a response

Interview Questions

• when did you deal with a problem at work? how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Actuarial Graduate Programmer Interview

Interview

The application process had many questions. Then given a situational judgement test which was fairly straight forward. Was given 2 days to complete this test. Next was given 3 tests, Numerical reasoning, Verbal Reasoning and Logical reasoning tests. All had to be done together in 48 hours. I failed due to having do all tests in one day. Make sure you have the time to do all the tests is the best advice

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with someone who is resistant to change   Answer Question

Actuarial Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Catlin Group (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Online application, online tests, telephone interview, face to face interview. The telephone interviewer was lovely, but it was an external interviewer. They didn't give me much information before the face to face interview. It was an hour long technical interview with two interviewers, who were awkward and made it a very uncomfortable experience. It wasn't until after the interview that I received the email telling me that it was going to be a technical interview not a competency, which I wasn't particularly impressed by.

Interview Questions

• How many commercial airlines take off in the world every day? How would you go about quantifying the cost of claims made to Catlin as a result of the flooding in London last year?   Answer Question

ERM Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Catlin Group.

Interview

4 Online Tests
    Phone Interview

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Catlin Group.

Interview

Did online verbal and numerical reasoning tests which are quite easy (however, ensure you are au fait with the format, questions, and general scheme of these tests). Was then taken forward for a telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you have accomplished?   1 Answer