Cato Institute

Candidate Interview Review

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cato Institute.

I met some reps at a job fair and I was invited to come in for an interview as a recent graduate. The interview was very strange, with one guy remaining behind me the whole time intermittently checking his phone and weighing in on the conversation. Pretty standard for a think tank interview. First question: What does being a libertarian mean to you? As a recent grad, I asked about salary and was at first told it was sufficient to support myself. After pressing, however, they admitted it was only 700$ a month, but assured me they had one intern at least who made that work without help from his parents by taking the night shifts at the hostel where he lived after working a full time day for Cato. I almost laughed.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel working with people with different political affiliations, like anarchists?   Answer Question

700$ a month as a recent grad supporting myself in DC? Nope.