Cavium Networks Verification Engineer Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cavium Networks (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial interview on phone with HR then on phone with team's Director. Second one was technical and touched mostly aspects on programming like data structures and C pointers. Computer Architecture was also touched slightly.

Interview Questions

• Difference between pointer and reference? Implementing Hash Table using Linked list   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cavium Networks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium Networks (Mountain View, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. That led to an interview appt where i was interviewd by 4 people. First person was the VP of verification. Asked general questions and a problem question regarding a C++ algorithm. Assume u had a list of some sort (array, hash, etc). Something like how would u sort and order the list efficiently so that the elements were in order. I think the list was of hw addresses. Typical bubble sort, etc not good enough. The other interview panel just wanted to know if i had some sense of C++ and Verilog understanding.

Interview Questions

• Sort a list (array, hash, whatever you wanted) so the elements were in ascending order - the elements were hardware addresses.   Answer Question
    • Typical C++ and verilog questions. Virtual functions, pure virtual, overloaded arguements. Verilog: blocking/non-blocking, task, functions differences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

VP of engineering was very cheap and rigid. Show several ways you can help and possibly help in the future and peg the amount you want. Open it up for discussion and ask him to support his offer - the VP of verification seems very factual and is flexible if you give a good answer.

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cavium Networks (Marlborough, MA) in October 2008.

Interview

Resume was submitted online, then went through two phone interviews on two different days. Questions were primarily related to C++ skills and Computer Architecture fundamentals. Computer architecture fundamentals mainly included pipelining, cache and virtual memory. Was then called in for an onsite interview that was with three people, dealing with functional verification methodologies, C++ and computer architecture. Please note that it is important to do all three rounds correctly and also they look for your logical thinking (in C++ and verification) and stress is more on pipelining for computer architecture onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• List an application (computer) where the properties of caching cannot be used.   2 Answers

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium Networks in February 2012.

Interview

Binary tree,STL.

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cavium Networks in December 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of questions on C++ and Computer Architecture. Few questions on Verilog were also asked.