Cayman Chemical Company Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2015

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cayman Chemical Company

Electrician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cayman Chemical Company (De Ann, AR) in December 2014.

Interview

Very poor. Never asked any involved questions and did not even know how I was to be paid be at hourly or salary. One of the two interviewers seem to be put off by me when I did give detailed information on how to do a job. In my opinion he was a very insecure individual and threatened by me

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with confrontation from a negative individual. After my answer I was told the owner of the company was a very negative individual and I could expect confrontation   Answer Question

Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cayman Chemical Company in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email within one week by the human resources administrator. The interview was the following week. It was two one-on-one interviews in a conference room. The first person was the actual boss for the job. That person left and the second came in and asked similar questions. Then that person gave me a tour of the labs.

Interview Questions

• What was unexpected was that I was just asked about my prior work experience and a little bit about my schooling. They didn't seem interested in gauging my technical background. They were mostly interested in what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

ISO Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cayman Chemical Company.

Interview

Interviewed with manager and 3 other people. The last guy I interviewed with was a joke. He already had his mind made up about me because of a concurrent position and gaps in my employment, both of which the hiring manager already knew about. He decided he had the right to judge me based on a piece of paper with my name on it. *Awesome*. Even if they offered me twice what I was making, I would have declined to avoid working with that kind of person in that kind of culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cayman Chemical Company (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2012.

Interview

I was initially contacted via e-mail by a human resources administrator. She informed me that I had been selected for an interview and gave 2 days and a variety of times to choose from. She also informed me that the interview would be 2.5-3 hours as I would be meeting with a variety of people from the company.

The day of the interview, I met with her first. She went over details about the company, and asked a couple of friendly questions about my educational background (e.g. what made you choose to go out of state for graduate school?).

I then met with the director of the lab I would be working in. He told me more details about the company and the position and then gave me a tour of the main facility. After the tour, he and I sat down and he asked me to describe my educational background and work history. He then asked me to describe my experience with the specific instrumentation that would be required for the position.

I then met with a few junior members of the lab. They also inquired about specific instrumentation experience. After this point, the interview became more social as they were trying to gauge if my personality would be a good fit in the lab.

I then met with the two senior members of the lab. They also inquired about instrumentation experience and my research background. They also then became more social and tried to gauge if my personality would be a good fit.

My overall impression of the company is that it would be a great company to work for. The numbers of products and services they have indicates to me that the company has great stability. They are also expanding as of September 2012.The atmosphere was laid back as most people wore whatever they wanted to work. All of the people were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• There were no HR type questions. All of the questions were about my educational and work experience, as well as instrumentation experience. The interview was fair and easy. Very laid back.   Answer Question

Accounting Internship Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cayman Chemical Company (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard and casual. They asked for a copy of your resume, and asked you standard fit questions. There were no technical questions asked at the interview. Mainly trying to get to know you as a person and see if your personality fits the culture at Cayman.

Chemist I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cayman Chemical Company (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2010.

Interview

Hired out of college and interviewed on site, interviewed twice and was sent an email saying I got the job. Interview process was standard and was asked standard questions. Where do you see yourself in 5 years, what do you bring to the table, tell us about yourself etc,