Cayman Chemical Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Chemist I Interview

Chemist I
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cayman Chemical Company in March 2010.

Interview Details – Hired out of college and interviewed on site, interviewed twice and was sent an email saying I got the job. Interview process was standard and was asked standard questions. Where do you see yourself in 5 years, what do you bring to the table, tell us about yourself etc,

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Associate Scientist
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cayman Chemical Company in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted via e-mail by a human resources administrator. She informed me that I had been selected for an interview and gave 2 days and a variety of times to choose from. She also informed me that the interview would be 2.5-3 hours as I would be meeting with a variety of people from the company.

The day of the interview, I met with her first. She went over details about the company, and asked a couple of friendly questions about my educational background (e.g. what made you choose to go out of state for graduate school?).

I then met with the director of the lab I would be working in. He told me more details about the company and the position and then gave me a tour of the main facility. After the tour, he and I sat down and he asked me to describe my educational background and work history. He then asked me to describe my experience with the specific instrumentation that would be required for the position.

I then met with a few junior members of the lab. They also inquired about specific instrumentation experience. After this point, the interview became more social as they were trying to gauge if my personality would be a good fit in the lab.

I then met with the two senior members of the lab. They also inquired about instrumentation experience and my research background. They also then became more social and tried to gauge if my personality would be a good fit.

My overall impression of the company is that it would be a great company to work for. The numbers of products and services they have indicates to me that the company has great stability. They are also expanding as of September 2012.The atmosphere was laid back as most people wore whatever they wanted to work. All of the people were very friendly.

Interview Question – There were no HR type questions. All of the questions were about my educational and work experience, as well as instrumentation experience. The interview was fair and easy. Very laid back.   Answer Question

Accounting Internship Interview

Accounting Internship
Ann Arbor, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Cayman Chemical Company in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty standard and casual. They asked for a copy of your resume, and asked you standard fit questions. There were no technical questions asked at the interview. Mainly trying to get to know you as a person and see if your personality fits the culture at Cayman.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   Answer Question

Worked for Cayman Chemical Company? Contribute to the Community!