Cbeyond

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cbeyond in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interview before going in for my "field day." I spent a day with my prospective team to get a feel of the meetings, in office training, and what a day in the field is like. I knocked on doors and tried my impromptu sales pitch. Then, at the end of the day, I had an interview with my prospective manager and the VP of Sales for the branch. I was told I would be called with the results the next business day.

Interview Question – There were a lot of business ethics questions, such as "tell me about a time when you were faced with an obstacle that you had to overcome." "tell me about a time when you gave it your all and failed. Why did you fail, and what did you learn from that experience."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was entry level and had no ability to negotiate.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Territory Sales Representative
Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cbeyond in March 2013.

Interview Details – First step of the interview process you interview with a Corporate recruiter. The interview is pretty much a formal interview. They will ask about your job history, education and why do you want a career in sales. they will ask questions like "how did you solve this problem at your last job" or "did you ever offer any suggestions that improve the productivity of your
workplace."

Next step is you do a field ride with one of the sales reps at the company. You will spend the whole day out in the field shadowing a sales rep cold calling different business, so you get an idea the job is like on a every day basis. You will be expected to cold call a few doors, just to show the Rep that you can handle the basic function of the job. Afterwards at the end of the day you will finish up by having a interview with the team sales manager.
 and

The interview with the sales manager is usually informal and pretty much involves the sales manager trying to get a feel for the kind of person you are, and determine if you will be a good fit for the team. So obliviously try to be as personable as you can.

Interview Question – How did you positively influence the productivity of your co workers?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cbeyond in July 2009.

Interview Details – You are interviewed once and sent out on a field ride if you pass. After a full day you have the second interview where they will ask you to sleep on it and accept or decline.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – NONE

Worked for Cbeyond? Contribute to the Community!