Cbeyond

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at Cbeyond

Interview Details – Phone interview went great. Went in and met my manager and interviewed with him and he made it sound like I had the job and was going to call me the following week, however he didn't call to offer 2 months later.

Interview Question – pretty basic   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – had another job by the time they offered

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Territory Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Cbeyond.

Interview Details – Long over drawn meet with 10 people. The process is so long .They ask the same questions. There will tons of roll playing over a dumb sales mode. Get into roll and you will get the job. Total of 4 interviews (field ride)

Interview Question – All of them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Bad please negotiate and ask for more

Tier II Tech Support Interview

Tier II Tech Support
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cbeyond.

Interview Details – Very normal - Submit online app, received a call back, phone interview, 2 technical interviews background check. Took a couple of weeks to get back to me but the experience was very stream line. I did not find it difficult.

Interview Question – Knowing Call tracing, Signaling for all phone types   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cbeyond in September 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was quick and easy had 3 interviews in 2 weeks and was offered the job at the end of week two. Phone interview was first followed by and interview with a manager then the VP.

Interview Question – No really difficult questions but they were some very technical questions about Cisco products.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all it was a take it or leave it scenario.

Contract Instructional Designer Interview

Contract Instructional Designer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cbeyond in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred for the contract position by a colleague who I had worked with for many years. She had established herself as somewhat of an expert at the company and she referred me for the position. Her referral carried a fair amount of weight. I spoke to one of the directors of training on the phone and set up an in-person interview.
At the conclusion of the in-person interview, i was offered a three-month contract.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say there were any difficult questions. The questions were easy for me to answer. The questions were like: "Describe for me the process you follow to develop a course." Or, "Tell me about a time you had an unresponsive SME and how did you deal with that situation." Those kind of things.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i was told what the hourly rate was for the contract position. The person interviewing me acknowledged that the rate was low, but I needed the work so I accepted the contract.

Tier I Technical Support/NOC Interview

Tier I Technical Support/NOC
Centennial, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cbeyond in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty standard. Personality and Technical interview. Make sure you know your networking basics.

Interview Question – Anything related to Cisco IOS - I was unprepared for that   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as the terms exceeded my expectations

Channel Manager Interview

Channel Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cbeyond in April 2014.

Interview Details – email from recruiter, then phone call with recruiter. Phone interview with hiring manager, then a sale engineer and a sales.

Interview Question – asking if I can reach out to my business contacts and start to produce right away.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cbeyond in January 2012.

Interview Details – Systematic and rushed interview process

Interview Question – In my opinion, no tough questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were not negotiation for this position. Comp was flat

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Anaheim, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cbeyond in February 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process is typical of a larger company. 3 interviews. A couple of exaggerations in job duties of course.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cbeyond in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interview before going in for my "field day." I spent a day with my prospective team to get a feel of the meetings, in office training, and what a day in the field is like. I knocked on doors and tried my impromptu sales pitch. Then, at the end of the day, I had an interview with my prospective manager and the VP of Sales for the branch. I was told I would be called with the results the next business day.

Interview Question – There were a lot of business ethics questions, such as "tell me about a time when you were faced with an obstacle that you had to overcome." "tell me about a time when you gave it your all and failed. Why did you fail, and what did you learn from that experience."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was entry level and had no ability to negotiate.

Worked for Cbeyond? Contribute to the Community!