Cbeyond

Interview Details – Phone screen, field ride, position offered

Interview Question – why would we hire you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

High Transaction/Stress Based Company With Little to No Sales Talent Or Experience Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cbeyond.

Interview Details – Human Resources interview was a thorough screening, Director of the department interview was second and included a top Engineer on the call which was more of a technical interview, final interview was the VP/GM of the office was more of a personality face to face.

If you do not live where the position is available you must fly yourself and travel to the face to face interview as they will refuse to assist with this.

Interview Question – Why would you want to move to another state for this position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initial offer was a phone call and HR came back with a very low expectation and the discussion was lengthy about current existing salary and what they typically offer for this position. Eventually the offer was raised and relocation dollars was added.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cbeyond in April 2010.

Interview Details – Screen w/ recruiter, multiple F2F w/ recruiter & Mkt Dir (think action plan sealed the deal), lunch w/ Mkt Dir, & ride along (not sure if this was before or after I came on board).

Interview Question – I was a little taken a back when the recruiter warned me that the Mkt Dir who I was about to interview with (and eventually report to) said he was cocky & arrogant. Looking back, it should've raised a huge red flag, as it turned out to be much worse than expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Think I was able to negotiate a salary increase in the range of $1,000-2,500 using resources such as salary.com, glassdoor, etc.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cbeyond in March 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter for Cbeyond is first contact. One interview with him/her and if moving forward, an interview with the director-- your immediate manager-- then with the VP of branch.

Interview Question – The questions are not difficult for an individual with sales experience. However, best to do very little talking as this branch is not interested in you,but an attitude of hard work. Mixed messages will be sent, for example; you'll be asked about your consultative skills; claim to have them, however this branch wants a transactional, one call close mentality. A good answer might be; I will consult with the buyer as the situation calls for, but I am expecting/going to close this sale in the seat.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little room to negotiate.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Territory Sales Representative
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cbeyond in September 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone/skype interview with recruiter is fairly simple just reviewing your resume and experience. From there they'll offer you a chance to experience a "day in the field" - basically you shadow a TSR for a day and come back for an interview with the Sales Manager. The interview is a bunch of situational questions "name a time when...., what's most important to you money, recognition, etc......" the idea is to close the interview by asking for the job or to be moved on to the next step. If you get moved on you'll interview with the VPGM who manages that branch. In Houston you'll have to do a mock presentation with the VPGM and then you have to CLOSE for a meeting/deal.

Interview Question – Most difficult part of the interview process is cold calling on the shadow day because they'll ask you to take a "door" or two. Basically you want to make sure you mimic the verbage used by the TSR in other doors and be outgoing. Same thing in the mock presentation, be energetic and close for the next appointment or deal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was base salary or no job.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at Cbeyond

Interview Details – Quick phone interview followed by in person interview. Most of the questions were to make sure you were willing to work hard, there were no technical questions or anything of that nature.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you bounced back from failure.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Aurora, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cbeyond in February 2013.

Interview Details – Cbeyond is a good "bootcamp" for just out of college, never had a sales job individual. The interviewer wants to hear, "always be closing" verbage and mentality. The sales model is based on very high activity so appear and answer energetically. The recruiters are focused on the "mellinial" generation. Two reasons, one, they know you have little work experience so can take advantage your "greeness" and shape you into an activity machine. 2, You'll be paid less, however, if you desire a career in sales, this is a great training ground. If you can endure and succeed at Cbeyond, every other sales job after that will be smooth sailing.

Interview Question – Personally, I don't believe there are any difficult questions during the interview. They expect little or no experience. The most difficult decision will be yours. Do you want to take this job having researched the going salary and what you may have heard about working conditions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not a fit

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cbeyond in October 2013.

Interview Details – Received a phone call from recruiter and a week later had a face to face interview. The interview process was very standard and not a lot of unexpected questions were asked. The interviewer was very casual and inviting. The second part of the interview was an excel test. If you have intermediate to advanced skills you should be able to pass.

Interview Question – Who is your role model?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cbeyond in September 2013.

Interview Details – Cbeyond's HR group is very personable and professional in their recruiting process. They always got back to me in a timely manner, and always kept me apprised of where I was in the interview process.

Interview Question – Not a single "gotcha" question leaving me dangling on a string. No, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cbeyond in November 2009.

Interview Details – i first was contacted by a member of the HR department who conducted a phone interview, after the phone interview I was offered a 2nd interview at coporate HQ. After that final interview they called me offering me the job.

Interview Question – whats your favorite book?   Answer Question