Cbeyond Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cbeyond in February 2014.

The hiring process is typical of a larger company. 3 interviews. A couple of exaggerations in job duties of course.

There was no negotiation.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Phone screen, field ride, position offered

easy

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cbeyond.

Human Resources interview was a thorough screening, Director of the department interview was second and included a top Engineer on the call which was more of a technical interview, final interview was the VP/GM of the office was more of a personality face to face.

If you do not live where the position is available you must fly yourself and travel to the face to face interview as they will refuse to assist with this.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to move to another state for this position.   View Answer
    Initial offer was a phone call and HR came back with a very low expectation and the discussion was lengthy about current existing salary and what they typically offer for this position. Eventually the offer was raised and relocation dollars was added.

Sales Representative Interview

Quick phone interview followed by in person interview. Most of the questions were to make sure you were willing to work hard, there were no technical questions or anything of that nature.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cbeyond.

I was contacted by a hiring manager, quite quickly after I applied. Very friendly, being like a job buddy for me.

Interview Questions
    • There was no hard question if you have sales experience and you know what closing techniques are or how to find clients.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cbeyond in October 2013.

Received a phone call from recruiter and a week later had a face to face interview. The interview process was very standard and not a lot of unexpected questions were asked. The interviewer was very casual and inviting. The second part of the interview was an excel test. If you have intermediate to advanced skills you should be able to pass.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cbeyond.

3 Step process, meet with Recruiter, Field Ride, Meet with Manager.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cbeyond in September 2013.

Cbeyond's HR group is very personable and professional in their recruiting process. They always got back to me in a timely manner, and always kept me apprised of where I was in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Not a single "gotcha" question leaving me dangling on a string. No, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Senior Virtualization/Cloud Services Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cbeyond.

Phone interview, in person , team interview. First two interviews were good when it came for my team interview it went downhill. I was interviewing for what I "thought" was a virtualization position. The team only asked me networking and routing questions. Which I haven't done in years. The team also didn't seem to have much of a personality. I also figured out when I asked them VMware questions they didn't have a clue about virtualization...even though they were interviewing someone for a virt. Job.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was just a mess. Asking me what kind of routing protocols I have used..etc just stuff not on ,y resume.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

interviewed at Cbeyond in June 2013.

Contacted by recruiter. Requested to take online assessment. Called in for first round interview, which resulted in a total of three over a 3 week span. They all seemed to go well. After my third and final interview with the VP, I received a request asking for income reported on W2's and to explain in writing my sales accomplishments and processes. Then I was told they would decide who their finalist would be in the next couple of days.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview; tell me about yourself, what you know about our company, do you think you would be a good fit and why   Answer Question