Cbeyond Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.5

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cbeyond in February 2014.

The hiring process is typical of a larger company. 3 interviews. A couple of exaggerations in job duties of course.

There was no negotiation.

Interviewed for Sales Representative In Los Angeles Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cbeyond in February 2013.

Horrible interview process. They scammed me into thinking I was getting a different position than the one I was applying for. Also the field day experience was absolutely excruciating. It was a total scam honestly and I don't wish this position or this company for that matter on anyone. They take advantage of new grads right out of college with desirable commission but in reality and in reality of sales in general it is not that glamorous. The office was stuffy and extremely unorganized as well.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were nothing out of the ordinary...I got interviewed a few times throughout the day which i thought was odd but the worst part of the interview was when I had to shadow a current sales rep with CBeyond and go out in the field with him...which basically consisted of knocking on everyone and anyone's door in their given district. It was not only degrading but hugely embarrassing with the way we were treated by business owners and various companies in their territory.   View Answer

The field day was the worst day of my life. They paired me up with a man that was similar in age that I was. I am 24. After 3 hours of effortless knocking on doors he decided to get lunch at a bar.. and to answer the next question you are probably thinking is YES he did drink (on the job) and during my interview process during the field day training. After he guzzled down 3 Guinness pints I decided to have a drink as well because at that point I knew even if I was offered the job which I was...I knew I didnt want it anyways.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cbeyond in February 2013.

There was a three process interview, interview was very easy to get. They promise of high comissions and great gass allowance and phone allowance. Was kind of skeptical of it because of all the bad reviews i found flying around the web which seemed very true. Three step interview with the last being a ride along with one of the sales reps.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cbeyond.

The interview is few step process - first screening phone interview with recruiter, than in person interview with manager of the group - if they like you, you get to go on filed interview- door-to-door direct sales - you need to visit 60 new business everyday and get at least one appointment for next day (real job duties), than if you like the job and your manager likes you, you get to go on final interview by video with the director of sales - he makes the final decision

Interview Questions
    • why outside sales? what motivates everyday? why this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cbeyond in October 2012.

It was a 3 part and ends with a ride along

Interview Questions
    • how do you handle rejection, cold calling and long hours   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cbeyond in September 2012.

The hiring process is incredibly thorough. Had two phone interviews about a week after I applied, then went into the office for an interview with who would be my direct manager. After that, I was invited for a field ride, where I experienced a day in the life of a sales rep. After that, an exit interview with the manager, followed by a final interview with the vp.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most important characteristic this position requires?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cbeyond in July 2012.

Generally you are recruited. You do 1 phone interview with the recruiter. Followed by an interview with a team Manager. Next would be a ride along with a current territory sales rep. (Between each part of the interview process you will be in touch with the recruiter or manager to provide feedback on how you feel about the job). Finally, you meet with the manager again and one of the higher ups of the company who has the final say in your future.

Interview Questions
    Base pay is standard and the same for everyone.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cbeyond in August 2011.

I sent my resume to one of my friends who had worked for Cbeyond in the past. The NEXT day I got a call from a recruiter who was extremely friendly. The phone interview lasted 15 minutes and was a general overview of my resume. After that I had an in person interview with the recruiter.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Cbeyond in September 2010.

I applied to the listing through Craigslist. I was contacted within 2 business days and had an initial phone interview with the Regional Recruiting Manager. She invited me in for an in-person interview. The office was very nice. It was located in Gardena, but it was not in a bad area like I had initially thought when I heard Gardena. Every one in the office seemed polite and professional. I think the dress code is Business Casual and some of the ladies were wearing open toed shoes. The culture seems young and energetic. The Regional Recruiting Manager was very upfront about the position, the pay and the duties. I see many people complained on the hiring section, however, I think they are pretty upfront with what the positions entail. Four days after my interview, I was sent a letter saying I was not the right person for the position. I had accepted another job offer earlier that week so I was in agreement with this decision.

The only thing that may be construed as a negative is that they did miss the follow-up timeline they gave me. However, most companies do not follow up at all so I appreciated the follow up.

I would recommend this company as a place to interview and view my experience as positive.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cbeyond in August 2010.

Contacted by two different recruitors; did research on the company and sounded ok as a backup job. I have extensive sales experience, and recently returned to college to complete my degree. The recruitor said I was "excellent for the position" and coached me thru the entire process. Set up an interview and met with the territory sales manager. Direct interview, explained what was required of me, and said I would be working under someone younger then me. I am 30 years old and have extensive sales experience. I was told that I had "too much inside sales experience".

I was asked what do I want financially? I said base salary is not the concern, something reasonable but "unlimited upside potential ( I made six figures at the top of my sales career), I guess that was a red flag, since most of the posts state that earnings range between 28-50k.

When I also asked,,,what does your top sales person do different than the rest? I could not get a straight answer. Reminds a lot of the brokerage business where there is high turnover...the sheep (newbies) do all the cold calling and quit, and the senior brokers (pick up the leads and close).

Looks like a good place to start your sales career; if you can knock on 60 doors a day for six months, you should learn something, (persistence, determination and hard work) and sales and closing ability--you can take it anywhere!

Interview Questions
    • Its a young crowd--be prepared for skydiving; wine tasting etc. A lot of energy and social types--sales is lonely; we like team work; how do you feel about that?   View Answer
    • Why Cbeyond?   View Answer