Cbeyond Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cbeyond.

Interview

3 Step process, meet with Recruiter, Field Ride, Meet with Manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cbeyond

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was contacted buy a recruiter who really pushed this position on to me. Told me the base salary range right away (which was slightly wrong) 46-52k .. I agreed to meet with the marketing director for hiring. The interview process with her seemed to go pretty well, it lasted about an hour and felt pretty good leaving. Then it became apparent what this company was all about. The person I interviewed with called me that night, and after basically telling me all my faults said she would like me to meet the Marketing Director which I agreed on .. But after that she told me that she would like me to meet him the very next day and that I was to put together a list of 20 company's with name and contact info to show the MD. Basically put a business plan or action plan together for my meeting time, which was 9am the next day.. Mind you she called me at 6:30pm.. So I threw something together, very basic .. I got to interview and he was 45 mints late meeting with me.. Bottom line he never looked at my plan and said I would here from the marketing hiring person buy the end of the day.. She called and said that they would move me along to the ride along which was all day 730am to 7pm.. But she always made me feel like I should be fortunate for getting to this level.. I have over 12 years of sales experience more than any other reps they have ... She also told me that I need to look more professional in my appearance???? I was wearing a 3 piece suit for my interview, i found that to be very rude.. And then to top it off they asked me to bring in bagels or donuts for the staff before my ride along.. So needless to say I called her the next morning to cancel my ride along and told her this was not the company for me... She then proceeded to blast me for canceling and said I was not on there radar anymore (which was fine with me for sure),..It seemed more of a cult then an opportunity ..

Interview Questions

just not for me.. Made me feel like they were doing me a favor buy hiring me..

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Gardena, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Contacted by two different recruitors; did research on the company and sounded ok as a backup job. I have extensive sales experience, and recently returned to college to complete my degree. The recruitor said I was "excellent for the position" and coached me thru the entire process. Set up an interview and met with the territory sales manager. Direct interview, explained what was required of me, and said I would be working under someone younger then me. I am 30 years old and have extensive sales experience. I was told that I had "too much inside sales experience". I was asked what do I want financially? I said base salary is not the concern, something reasonable but "unlimited upside potential ( I made six figures at the top of my sales career), I guess that was a red flag, since most of the posts state that earnings range between 28-50k. When I also asked,,,what does your top sales person do different than the rest? I could not get a straight answer. Reminds a lot of the brokerage business where there is high turnover...the sheep (newbies) do all the cold calling and quit, and the senior brokers (pick up the leads and close). Looks like a good place to start your sales career; if you can knock on 60 doors a day for six months, you should learn something, (persistence, determination and hard work) and sales and closing ability--you can take it anywhere!

Interview Questions

• Its a young crowd--be prepared for skydiving; wine tasting etc. A lot of energy and social types--sales is lonely; we like team work; how do you feel about that?   1 Answer
    • Why Cbeyond?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cbeyond (San Diego, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

This position is beneficial for a select few individuals looking for an entry level position and are ready to join a frat or sorority team of kids. I've been unemployed for almost a year now, and I walked away from a $33K salary/full benefits opportunity with this company......... My face to face interview, fine. It wasn't until I requested, and attempted to go on a ride along day (7:30am-7:30pm in which I would see if I was a right "fit" for the position) when I wrote Cbeyond off within 2 hours. >>>>>There is mandatory DAILY office time and meetings from 7:30am -10:30am for ALL sales associates both new and seasoned, which I attended bright and early. After this time ALL sales team can then hit the road to see accounts and generate business. I witnessed the early morning sales meeting time and pep-rally ......it was horrific. In short, 1/2 the sales team swore openly. Part of the morning's meeting time was dedicated to how the sales team gets past gatekeepers in which they role-played this......... I was appalled. The 3 sales associates who volunteered were flat out rude and obnoxious in all 5 of their role-play scenarios. I thought they were kidding! Not one of the 15+ colleagues watching the performance with me said anything on their disgustingly rude behavior, and their sales manager highly praised them on it! I continued to think, "Is this REALLY what they say and do when they are out there selling the companies' services and products? You gotta be kidding me? Wow!" Rude, stuck-up, snobby, kid behavior apparently is how they do it here at the Cbeyond San Diego location. I'm truly amazed this company is doing as well as it is doing. Big business, nice San Diego office, sales team and managers are immature "frat/sorority-minded" kids and business appears to be run that way. No thanks.

Interview Questions

Personally witnessed how these people do their job. Not for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Both the phone interview and the on site interview were easy. After the initial two interviews there is a ride along, which is basically another interview. After the ride along, there is an interview with an executive who will offer to hire you. At this point you will be hired, but have to go through 2 weeks of training. The two week training session is an extended paid interview, where they see if you can do the job and pick up the material. During the training you are tested everyday, and go out into the field to see how successful you can be.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Reston, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

I was called by the recruiting manager of the company and he asked standard preliminary phone interview questions of what is my interest level in the job position and what do I know about the company. Went in for the face to face interview. It was more on the cut and dry side, they ask specific questions to see if you actually want to work their and in a particularly tough sales environment in every kind of way. One thing that you have to be 100% certain of is your willingness to put in 12 hour days.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were not particularly difficult in terms of being technical. They are all generally geared around whether or not you have what it takes to deal with the hardships of the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Gardena, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a phone recruiter who wanted to ask me a few questions. I answered them and he suggested if I was interested to call him and set up an interview. I did, and had the 1:1 interview with a recruiting manager. The 1:1 interview was a neutral experience. Good for experience points, but rather kind of lame in content. I was asked why I want this job, why would you be good, etc. standard questions. But I was also noticing what was not asked. No questions about my education were asked, and no questions regarding my degree. I believe an education is a firmly established part of an individual. Cbeyond disregarded this information and it was obvious that as long as you have a degree they are willing to hire you, regardless of what the degree is. During the interview the recruiting manager acted in a perfunctory matter, as if everything done was out of routine and habit. In other words, there was no originality or personality, but more of a corporate voice that seemed to echo off the white boards that surrounded the room. It was clear this wasn't the recruiter's first rodeo, but something practiced until perfection. I was left with a decision to take the next step, which is to shadow an employee for a day, not an 8 hr day but a 12 hr day. I have declined further advancement with this company. About a week later, a different recruiter called me to offer an interview for the same position. I couldn't help but think how hard up this company is for new employees, and more significantly, why? The job must suck so bad nobody wants to do it and so they are left recruiting the only people they can, and hope to retain them for at least a few months.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Anaheim, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I had several recruiters from all over the greater LA area try and shoehorn me into this job. I was initially reluctant after doing a little bit of research, but I decided that no harm could come from an interview. I went through a phone interview and face-to-face, then they asked me to go on a field day. you show up at 7, and shadow a rep through his day, walking door to door and pitching the company. I decided to not continue based on personal feelings about the company after the field day.

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Southfield, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

Described the job duties very well. Proffesional. They have a sales recruiting company screen you then direct you to the HR depatment. Very intense and aggresive vibe from the employees.

Interview Questions

• What other extra ciricular activiites do I enjoy   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you   1 Answer

They want me to start training within 3 days. I couldnt because it wasnt enough time notice of my current employer

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cbeyond (Oak Brook, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

Professional and believable until the ride-along day. During the daily morning meeting/class the presenter talked down to the 'class' and was unprofessional and rude. The smaller team meeting was a lot of the same- high pressure sales, putting sales reps down, then trying to motivate them back up to go out and do field work. Extremely unprofessional sales ride-along, 'interviewer'/sales rep lied about my involvement and responses in the interview. He went on personal errands (shopping) while leaving me in the car while we were supposed to be going door-to-door. He didn't want to drive me back to the office because he would miss the beginning of the bulls game, so he passed me to another sales rep at a gas station. He told me the interview was over and that I did not need to report back to the office (which was untrue), so I didn't. He also said I did 'great' and that he would give me a positive review, but did the EXACT opposite. I think he just didn't want any additional sales competition within the company.