Cbeyond

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cbeyond in April 2010.

Interview Details – Screen w/ recruiter, multiple F2F w/ recruiter & Mkt Dir (think action plan sealed the deal), lunch w/ Mkt Dir, & ride along (not sure if this was before or after I came on board).

Interview Question – I was a little taken a back when the recruiter warned me that the Mkt Dir who I was about to interview with (and eventually report to) said he was cocky & arrogant. Looking back, it should've raised a huge red flag, as it turned out to be much worse than expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Think I was able to negotiate a salary increase in the range of $1,000-2,500 using resources such as salary.com, glassdoor, etc.

Very Easy Interview

Aurora, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cbeyond in February 2013.

Interview Details – Cbeyond is a good "bootcamp" for just out of college, never had a sales job individual. The interviewer wants to hear, "always be closing" verbage and mentality. The sales model is based on very high activity so appear and answer energetically. The recruiters are focused on the "mellinial" generation. Two reasons, one, they know you have little work experience so can take advantage your "greeness" and shape you into an activity machine. 2, You'll be paid less, however, if you desire a career in sales, this is a great training ground. If you can endure and succeed at Cbeyond, every other sales job after that will be smooth sailing.

Interview Question – Personally, I don't believe there are any difficult questions during the interview. They expect little or no experience. The most difficult decision will be yours. Do you want to take this job having researched the going salary and what you may have heard about working conditions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not a fit

Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cbeyond in January 2011.

Interview Details – You will have 2 interviews. One with HR and the second with the hiring manager. You will need to fight for the position as the have many applicants. Be upfront and honest. Other than it is a pretty simple process. If they like your personality than they will hire you. Very much based on the one call close idea. Ask for the sale or you will not be hired.

Interview Question – Please tell me why, because right now I am skeptical ( They use this a lot).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room. A little but again, not much. They will already have the paperwork done before offering you a position, so address this early.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cbeyond in January 2011.

Interview Details – The first day was an uneventful ride along; day two was supposed to include a sales meeting but nobody ever showed up at the door; day three was an HR interview; day four was a mid-level management interview; day five was a branch manager (vp) interview and job offer.

Interview Question – What type of negative feedback have you heard about Cbeyond?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cbeyond in December 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter calls from Tri Worth Solutions. Went and passed first interview with Branch Recruiting Manager. Next, met with sales manager which was fun. We spent most of the time talking about other things than the job. He obviously knew I was solid, my previous experience and awards was enough for him to give me back a copy of a business plan, required for the interview. He didn't even read it. He was already, planing the third interview. Several days later I had to show at 7:30 in the morning, like everyone else. It was a ride along day. They put me with their top performer, a former bouncer in the city. The morning meeting was like boiler room, except with worse actors. Cheesy, seen it before etc. Then some powwow to motivate everyone. I could not make it out, which was probably better. Then the fourth, but I'm wasting my time now, as I was then. I think it was the most unprofessional experience that I have ever gone through.

Interview Question – Have you ever been in a conflict with your manager?   View Answer

Sales Consultant

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Cbeyond in October 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiting firm. Had a short interview with them on the phone then I was able to interview with someone at Cbeyond. As long as the recruiting manager really likes you, you have no problem getting to the next step. Which is usually meeting with the Market Director. The MD usually asks you a bunch of behavioral type questions. Make sure to have plenty of different examples to be able to use. And if you make it past the MD and go on a field ride its usually up to you after that if you want to take the position or not.

Interview Question – Why Cbeyond?   View Answer

Worked for Cbeyond? Contribute to the Community!