Cbeyond

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Cbeyond

Interview Details – I had an excellent experience interviewing for the Territory Sales Representative position. Initially, I was called by a Cbeyond recruiter and had brief phone screen and was immediately invited to an interview with the recruiter. The face to face interview lasted 2 hours and was a discussion regarding my qualifications as well as on opportunity for me to learn more about the company and the position.

Interview Question – Solution sales is the selling method used at Cbeyond.   Answer Question

Anaheim, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cbeyond in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was a 3 part and ends with a ride along

Interview Question – how do you handle rejection, cold calling and long hours   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cbeyond in September 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone/skype interview with recruiter is fairly simple just reviewing your resume and experience. From there they'll offer you a chance to experience a "day in the field" - basically you shadow a TSR for a day and come back for an interview with the Sales Manager. The interview is a bunch of situational questions "name a time when...., what's most important to you money, recognition, etc......" the idea is to close the interview by asking for the job or to be moved on to the next step. If you get moved on you'll interview with the VPGM who manages that branch. In Houston you'll have to do a mock presentation with the VPGM and then you have to CLOSE for a meeting/deal.

Interview Question – Most difficult part of the interview process is cold calling on the shadow day because they'll ask you to take a "door" or two. Basically you want to make sure you mimic the verbage used by the TSR in other doors and be outgoing. Same thing in the mock presentation, be energetic and close for the next appointment or deal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was base salary or no job.

Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cbeyond in March 2013.

Interview Details – First step of the interview process you interview with a Corporate recruiter. The interview is pretty much a formal interview. They will ask about your job history, education and why do you want a career in sales. they will ask questions like "how did you solve this problem at your last job" or "did you ever offer any suggestions that improve the productivity of your
workplace."

Next step is you do a field ride with one of the sales reps at the company. You will spend the whole day out in the field shadowing a sales rep cold calling different business, so you get an idea the job is like on a every day basis. You will be expected to cold call a few doors, just to show the Rep that you can handle the basic function of the job. Afterwards at the end of the day you will finish up by having a interview with the team sales manager.
 and

The interview with the sales manager is usually informal and pretty much involves the sales manager trying to get a feel for the kind of person you are, and determine if you will be a good fit for the team. So obliviously try to be as personable as you can.

Interview Question – How did you positively influence the productivity of your co workers?   Answer Question

Territory SAles Representative Interview

Interviewed at Cbeyond

Interview Details – Very Professional interview process. Begins with a phone interview. Continues with a face to face interview with a sales manager. Concludes with a field ride day to see the life of a salesperson.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the interview process could potentially be having to take a full day to do a field ride as part of the interview. If you are currently employed expect to take a full day off work to complete this part of the interview.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Cbeyond.

Interview Details – So I technically only "interviewed" with this company once, but that's also because I cancelled more 2nd interview after reading multiple negative reviews on many different sites.

The first interview, though, was a phone interview. Unfortunately, I did not know this until they called me back after playing phone tag for a few days. I had actually applied for a position in Atlanta, but was contacted by the DC office. The first message I received was that they wanted to set up a time for me to come to DC to interview (I lived in VA at the time, so no big deal). Once I was able to actually get back in touch with them, they somehow managed to turn the quick interview scheduling call into a phone interview. Luckily for me, I'm always prepared and am able to answer questions about my experiences with no hesitation. This conversation was on a Tuesday afternoon (probably around 3pm) and they were wanting me to be in DC for the interview Wednesday morning! Yes, the very next day. I lived 3 hours away and had another job at the time, so that clearly wasn't going to work. I explained the situation in a polite, professional manner & they said they understood and worked with me to find a good day & time for me to come up. If you're applying with them, just be prepared!! The questions aren't difficult at all, but that doesn't really matter when you aren't even ready for an interview you didn' know was going to take place.

Interview Question – Everything! I was just expecting to be returning a call to set up an interview and ended up doing a phone interview. Good thing I didn't call back while I was driving!   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cbeyond in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was recruited by a headhunter who turned me over to the hiring manager at Cbeyond. They will bring you into the office for 3 interviews. First one is with the hiring manager, who asks a series of very extensive and structured questions. If you pass this interview, you will be invited to a ride along with one of the reps. After this ride along, you will interview with the sales manager. if you pass this one, you will interview with the VPGM or the Market Director.

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cbeyond in June 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, Face TO face interview, Interview with Manager, then a all-day ride along, another interview with Manager, and last interview with VP of the office.

Interview Question – Have to role play, a sales case, always close by setting the appointment.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no

Edina, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cbeyond.

Interview Details – Very quick to hire. If you look on Linked In you'll often see recruiters practically spamming for this and the sales consultant position.
I applied on a Sunday and got a call 9:30am the next day. I was really excited by the way the recruiter described the position and we both agreed that it would be a good fit with my skill set.
Phone Interview>Onsite Interview> Field Ride+Interview> Follow Up Phone Interview> Background Check

Interview Question – They repeatedly asked me if I can take "No" for an answer, or get dissuaded easily.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Gardena, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cbeyond in July 2012.

Interview Details – Generally you are recruited. You do 1 phone interview with the recruiter. Followed by an interview with a team Manager. Next would be a ride along with a current territory sales rep. (Between each part of the interview process you will be in touch with the recruiter or manager to provide feedback on how you feel about the job). Finally, you meet with the manager again and one of the higher ups of the company who has the final say in your future.

Interview Question – What's your most embarassing story?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Base pay is standard and the same for everyone.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cbeyond

Worked for Cbeyond? Contribute to the Community!

Cbeyond Videos

Cbeyond – Why Work for Us?

Cbeyond puts the latest technology within reach of any size business. Using our private, high-bandwidth network, we deliver voice and data services from your location to the cloud. By shifting the technology burden to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cbeyond Territory Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cbeyond employees and interview candidates.