Cedar Fair

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lifeguard Interview

Lifeguard
Aurora, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cedar Fair in April 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted an application online as soon as they were open, and got a call back about 2 months later for an interview 3 days later. Went to interview, turns out it was with my two supervisors. They asked the standard list of questions about Cedar Fairs standards Courtesy, Cleanliness, Service, Safety, and Integrity. Lasted about 45 minutes because we got along really well and got off topic a lot. You job offer was not issued until you attended the lifeguard classed taught and paid for by the company, and once you passed you were offered a job that you needed to accept online and then come in to process.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions - One policy you didn't like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, getting paid minimum wage.

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Kings Island, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cedar Fair in April 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process is a rather long one. There is quite a bit of paper work and they had very slow response time with my hiring. Interview is dependent on the part of the park you are going into. For food and beverage I was hired on the spot of interview.

Interview Question – There were not any very unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate I accepted anything.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cedar Fair.

Interview Details – Called relatively quick, it was a few years ago so I don't remember exactly. You need to apply over winter break because they mainly did interviews in January and February. Otherwise you will have a hard time. Besides that just general interview open-ended questions. Nothing to worry about. They took an unusually long time to get back to me. A few weeks probably.

Interview Question – There was a math test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got minimum wage @ $7.15 in '09

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cedar Fair.

Interview Details – Filled out an application at the hiring center. Was interviewed the next day and offered employment.

Interview Question – What color is earth ground.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do not negotiate.they make an offer and you can take it or leave it.

Ride Operator Interview

Ride Operator
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cedar Fair in May 2013.

Interview Details – Because they hire a lot of people, the process couldn't have been simpler or easier! I filled out an online application. After that they use an open interview process where you come in, the website has specific dates and times. You have a quick interview with someone from HR, then just minutes later, if they're still interested they'll have a second, slightly more in depth interview. If you pass these two then congrats, you've pretty much made it. You'll have a final interview with the manager. This one is pretty relaxed though, she just asks questions about who you are and tries to get to know you some, then if she is going to give you a job she'll tell you what rides has positions available. If you're 17 or younger be prepared to not be able to work the bigger rides. MO law requires operators at those rides to be 18+. Anyway, WoF is a great place to work. Enjoy!

Interview Question – For me it was "Describe yourself in three words"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As far as negotiation goes, wages are set park wide so pay goes up when you get promoted. WoF is awesome about catering to accommodations, so if you have one, let the Rides Manager know, she'll work with you. Perhaps the best thing to "negotiate" is your ride. Don't over think it, you'll be able to work with your supervisors to switch if you want.

Stage Hand Interview

Stage Hand

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cedar Fair in May 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted an application, easy phone interview, then came in to process.

Interview Question – Had to be clean cut to get your photo ID, made me buy a razor and shave there with no cream.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Ride Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Ride Maintenance Mechanic

I applied in-person and interviewed at Cedar Fair.

Interview Details – Are you breathing?

Interview Question – Can you start today?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Ticket Seller Interview

Ticket Seller
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cedar Fair in March 2012.

Interview Details – After you apply online, you will be sent an email instructing you to show up at Worlds of Fun for an interview during their HR business hours. Their human resources department is well-hidden and you'll probably have to ask the gate attendants for directions. The office, with its austere, white-washed walls isn't especially nice and the furniture looks like it's from the 90s in terms of style and condition. If you're applying before the season, be prepared to sit in a room with dozens of other applicants and wait an hour for your interview. The interview itself only uses stock questions and it'll probably be performed by whoever is working at the moment.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Worlds of Fun?   Answer Question

Marketing Inter Interview

Marketing Inter
Sandusky, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cedar Fair in April 2011.

Interview Details – I did the general application online and then I received a call within the month. I then spoke with the hiring manager, who ended up being my boss, and he asked me behavioral questions. It was a simple interview and the questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – n/a

Entertainer Interview

Entertainer
Sandusky, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Cedar Fair in March 2011.

Interview Details – During the audition you sing two pop/country songs and if they like what they see they ask you to stay for a dance call. If you looked at as a stronger dancer you will be asked to then stay for a dancers dance call. Anywhere from a week to 4 months later you may receive a call with an offer and then there is a little interview.

Interview Question – Why should we pick you to be part of our Live E! family?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cedar Fair

Worked for Cedar Fair? Contribute to the Community!