Cedar Fair Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

1.6

Entertainer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cedar Fair in March 2015.

Interview

First a open call audition, in which we were generally instructed to prepare "two songs" and possibly a comedic monologue depending on what you auditioned for. If they wanted you for something that they immediately see is likely, they'll have you read sides from the shows and/or sing something most people know that are likely from the show. I auditioned for Singer, but totally bombed it, so I got character performer. Nonetheless, I got into the entertainment department. After, there's processing if the position is accepted.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair.

Interview

it's all up to who is doing your interview and if their having a bad day or not and if they like you enough to give you a chance for the job that you applied for.sometime's if your turned down you can ask for a different person to interview you if you think there has been a mistake with why you were not hired the first time around,some people really abuse their authority with the position they have...

Negotiation

they make you an offer and say that's just until they see what you can do and when your desperate for a job and they know it there's not much-room for a negotiation and you trust that they will be fair to you if you are a good worker.

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Aurora, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application online as soon as they were open, and got a call back about 2 months later for an interview 3 days later. Went to interview, turns out it was with my two supervisors. They asked the standard list of questions about Cedar Fairs standards Courtesy, Cleanliness, Service, Safety, and Integrity. Lasted about 45 minutes because we got along really well and got off topic a lot. You job offer was not issued until you attended the lifeguard classed taught and paid for by the company, and once you passed you were offered a job that you needed to accept online and then come in to process.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions - One policy you didn't like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, getting paid minimum wage.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Island, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Kings Island, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Hiring process is a rather long one. There is quite a bit of paper work and they had very slow response time with my hiring. Interview is dependent on the part of the park you are going into. For food and beverage I was hired on the spot of interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate I accepted anything.

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cedar Fair.

Interview

Filled out an application at the hiring center. Was interviewed the next day and offered employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not negotiate.they make an offer and you can take it or leave it.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cedar Fair.

Interview

Are you breathing?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Kansas City, MO) in May 2013.

Interview

Because they hire a lot of people, the process couldn't have been simpler or easier! I filled out an online application. After that they use an open interview process where you come in, the website has specific dates and times. You have a quick interview with someone from HR, then just minutes later, if they're still interested they'll have a second, slightly more in depth interview. If you pass these two then congrats, you've pretty much made it. You'll have a final interview with the manager. This one is pretty relaxed though, she just asks questions about who you are and tries to get to know you some, then if she is going to give you a job she'll tell you what rides has positions available. If you're 17 or younger be prepared to not be able to work the bigger rides. MO law requires operators at those rides to be 18+. Anyway, WoF is a great place to work. Enjoy!

Interview Questions

• For me it was "Describe yourself in three words"   1 Answer

Negotiation

As far as negotiation goes, wages are set park wide so pay goes up when you get promoted. WoF is awesome about catering to accommodations, so if you have one, let the Rides Manager know, she'll work with you. Perhaps the best thing to "negotiate" is your ride. Don't over think it, you'll be able to work with your supervisors to switch if you want.

Ticket Seller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Kansas City, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

After you apply online, you will be sent an email instructing you to show up at Worlds of Fun for an interview during their HR business hours. Their human resources department is well-hidden and you'll probably have to ask the gate attendants for directions. The office, with its austere, white-washed walls isn't especially nice and the furniture looks like it's from the 90s in terms of style and condition. If you're applying before the season, be prepared to sit in a room with dozens of other applicants and wait an hour for your interview. The interview itself only uses stock questions and it'll probably be performed by whoever is working at the moment.

Stage Hand Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cedar Fair in May 2011.

Interview

Submitted an application, easy phone interview, then came in to process.

Interview Questions

• Had to be clean cut to get your photo ID, made me buy a razor and shave there with no cream.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Marketing Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandusky, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cedar Fair (Sandusky, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

I did the general application online and then I received a call within the month. I then spoke with the hiring manager, who ended up being my boss, and he asked me behavioral questions. It was a simple interview and the questions were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer
    • Will you keep records confidential?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a