Cedar Fair

1.6

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cedar Fair in May 2010.

I applied online and was called back the next day. We set up an interview for a few days later. Easiest interview I've ever done. They seemed ridiculously impressed that I dressed professionally. I was taken back to an office and was told to fill out another application with questions like "tell us about a time where you needed to appease someone." The hiring manager came back and looked over my paper and said that I wrote too much, but laughed about it. We talked a little bit and he made me feel very comfortable. I was never officially offered the job at the interview, but rather was told that I got it. Then I had to go online later and accept the position. They need a huge number of employees for the summer, so they hire pretty much anyone.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been to the park before? Where is the closet bathroom to steel force?   View Answer

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doswell, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doswell, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cedar Fair in May 2010.

easy, just a few questions to make sure i am normal.

none

Guest Service Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cedar Fair in March 2009.

It was really easy. She just offered me the position after asking me a few questions about like, why I would want work there and what kind of a person I am. I mean, they only really higher younger kids in high school although there were a few people who were a lot older applying because of the economy

Interview Questions
    • Describe a Situation in which you should leader experience   Answer Question
    Negotiations? Nah.

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cedar Fair in January 2009.

I was rehired from a previous position the previous season. The interview was laid-back and easy because I knew my interviewer and we had worked together for the whole summer before then. I was called to interview for an open supervisor position for the upcoming season. I have a feeling it was more of a formality than anything else, because my manager well understood my aptitude. I was offered the position the day after the 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • How have you demonstrated leadership qualities in the past?   Answer Question

Games Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cedar Fair in March 2008.

The interview was about twenty minutes long. I met with the seasonal manager and he asked several questions like why I wanted to work at Valleyfair, what the hardest thing I've ever done was, etc. He then said he would mail an offer of employement to me in the mail.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. All Valleyfair employees are paid a set rate determined by the company and that is non-negotiable.

Ride Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Island, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Island, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cedar Fair in March 2008.

this was the easiest interview ever. as long as you are normal they will be excited to hire you and pay you minimum wage. It made me feel over qualified for the job. he asked questions like why do you want to work here. how do you interact with people. tons of questions. I dont think the answers really mattered because he was not enthusiastic. I feel like he was reading down a list and one word answers was all he was looking for. He just wanted to get it over with.

I was 17, male, 3.7 gpa. I doubt that that mattered at all though

Interview Questions
    there is no negotiation other than picking your ride in the park.

Revenue Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandusky, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandusky, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cedar Fair in February 2007.

Interview process consisted of a 30 minute telephone interview where I was asked mostly about my ability to work well with others in a office setting.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

General Merchandise Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cedar Fair.

Turn in application, get screened. If you pass, you will either go straight into the interview or asked to come back for an interview. May either be one on one or group interview style.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry customer (complains of high prices)   View Answer
    They tell you right away what your hourly wage is.

Cash Control Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cedar Fair in March 2012.

The interview process consisted of an in person interview.

Food Host Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cedar Fair in April 2011.

Sign up online the application take no more than 30 minutes. You . wait until so view your application. then someone call you. Then do a on phone interview over the phone they tell you if you get the job. Then go online to to accepted the job.