Cedar Fair

Relevance Date Difficulty

Ride Operator Interview

Ride Operator
Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cedar Fair in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called back the next day. We set up an interview for a few days later. Easiest interview I've ever done. They seemed ridiculously impressed that I dressed professionally. I was taken back to an office and was told to fill out another application with questions like "tell us about a time where you needed to appease someone." The hiring manager came back and looked over my paper and said that I wrote too much, but laughed about it. We talked a little bit and he made me feel very comfortable. I was never officially offered the job at the interview, but rather was told that I got it. Then I had to go online later and accept the position. They need a huge number of employees for the summer, so they hire pretty much anyone.

Interview Question – Have you been to the park before? Where is the closet bathroom to steel force?   View Answer

Area Supervisor Interview

Area Supervisor
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cedar Fair in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was rehired from a previous position the previous season. The interview was laid-back and easy because I knew my interviewer and we had worked together for the whole summer before then. I was called to interview for an open supervisor position for the upcoming season. I have a feeling it was more of a formality than anything else, because my manager well understood my aptitude. I was offered the position the day after the 1:1 interview.

Interview Question – How have you demonstrated leadership qualities in the past?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Food Server
Doswell, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cedar Fair in May 2010.

Interview Details – easy, just a few questions to make sure i am normal.

Interview Question – what makes you frustrated?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Ride Associate Interview

Ride Associate
Kings Island, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Cedar Fair in March 2008.

Interview Details – this was the easiest interview ever. as long as you are normal they will be excited to hire you and pay you minimum wage. It made me feel over qualified for the job. he asked questions like why do you want to work here. how do you interact with people. tons of questions. I dont think the answers really mattered because he was not enthusiastic. I feel like he was reading down a list and one word answers was all he was looking for. He just wanted to get it over with.

I was 17, male, 3.7 gpa. I doubt that that mattered at all though

Interview Question – what kind of animal are you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation other than picking your ride in the park.

Revenue Accounting Clerk Interview

Revenue Accounting Clerk
Sandusky, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cedar Fair in February 2007.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of a 30 minute telephone interview where I was asked mostly about my ability to work well with others in a office setting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Guest Service Associate Interview

Guest Service Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Cedar Fair in March 2009.

Interview Details – It was really easy. She just offered me the position after asking me a few questions about like, why I would want work there and what kind of a person I am. I mean, they only really higher younger kids in high school although there were a few people who were a lot older applying because of the economy

Interview Question – Describe a Situation in which you should leader experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations? Nah.

Games Operator Interview

Games Operator
Shakopee, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at Cedar Fair in March 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was about twenty minutes long. I met with the seasonal manager and he asked several questions like why I wanted to work at Valleyfair, what the hardest thing I've ever done was, etc. He then said he would mail an offer of employement to me in the mail.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. All Valleyfair employees are paid a set rate determined by the company and that is non-negotiable.

General Merchandise Clerk Interview

General Merchandise Clerk

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cedar Fair.

Interview Details – Turn in application, get screened. If you pass, you will either go straight into the interview or asked to come back for an interview. May either be one on one or group interview style.

Interview Question – How would you handle an angry customer (complains of high prices)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They tell you right away what your hourly wage is.

Cash Control Interview

Cash Control

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cedar Fair in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of an in person interview.

Interview Question – What were your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Food Host Interview

Food Host

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cedar Fair in April 2011.

Interview Details – Sign up online the application take no more than 30 minutes. You . wait until so view your application. then someone call you. Then do a on phone interview over the phone they tell you if you get the job. Then go online to to accepted the job.

Interview Question – Why you want to work for Cedar Fair?   Answer Question