Cedar Fair

Very Easy Interview

Ride Operator Interview

Ride Operator
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cedar Fair in May 2013.

Interview Details – Because they hire a lot of people, the process couldn't have been simpler or easier! I filled out an online application. After that they use an open interview process where you come in, the website has specific dates and times. You have a quick interview with someone from HR, then just minutes later, if they're still interested they'll have a second, slightly more in depth interview. If you pass these two then congrats, you've pretty much made it. You'll have a final interview with the manager. This one is pretty relaxed though, she just asks questions about who you are and tries to get to know you some, then if she is going to give you a job she'll tell you what rides has positions available. If you're 17 or younger be prepared to not be able to work the bigger rides. MO law requires operators at those rides to be 18+. Anyway, WoF is a great place to work. Enjoy!

Interview Question – For me it was "Describe yourself in three words"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As far as negotiation goes, wages are set park wide so pay goes up when you get promoted. WoF is awesome about catering to accommodations, so if you have one, let the Rides Manager know, she'll work with you. Perhaps the best thing to "negotiate" is your ride. Don't over think it, you'll be able to work with your supervisors to switch if you want.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Ride Operator Interview

Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cedar Fair in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called back the next day. We set up an interview for a few days later. Easiest interview I've ever done. They seemed ridiculously impressed that I dressed professionally. I was taken back to an office and was told to fill out another application with questions like "tell us about a time where you needed to appease someone." The hiring manager came back and looked over my paper and said that I wrote too much, but laughed about it. We talked a little bit and he made me feel very comfortable. I was never officially offered the job at the interview, but rather was told that I got it. Then I had to go online later and accept the position. They need a huge number of employees for the summer, so they hire pretty much anyone.

Interview Question – Have you been to the park before? Where is the closet bathroom to steel force?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Cedar Fair? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cedar Fair Ride Operator interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Cedar Fair employees and interview candidates.