Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

3.1

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Interview

Very efficient hiring process and system. Did not have to wait long after being contacted by HR. HR interview first, then panel interview with hiring manager and assistant managers.

Interview Questions

• Related to dealing with difficult clinical and social situations, and rationale behind your actions.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted CV and application. Received email interview offer, asked to respond.. Went in for interview, first with Principal Investigator of study, then with administrative manager. Interview took approximately one hour. Felt very positive about the experience.

Interview Questions

• What did I do at my last position? Was I interested in the position as described? Was I affiliated with any professional organizations? Where did I see myself in five years?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Interview

Received an e-mail after approximately 3 weeks of application. Scheduled a phone screening interview then had to make an appointment for in in person interview with HR and manager of the unit I applied to. Had to take basic computer skills assessment prior to the on person interview

Management Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Overall experience was not very good. I have heard that Cedars Sinai is the best employer in California. I find their interview process is very lengthy and there is lot of miss-communication among HR and other depts. They called me three times over the period of 3 weeks and after 2 weeks I have got rejections. Total time from HR phone interview and rejection mail took one and half month.They were keep calling me for face to face interview for 2-3 rounds and I was very positive that I will get the position but at last I got rejected. In every round they kept telling me you are overqualified for the position. Then my concern is why they were wasting my time and their time. I have declined one temp position because of this interview. It is so frustrating.My advice to HR please do not waste candidate time if they are not perfect fit. Your lengthy process creates false hopes.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions, nothing complicated. What is your 5 year career plan.Why this position   Answer Question

Evs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was told by an employee that they were holding a job fair and when I went down they were conducting interviews. Luckily I came prepared, and had one of the best interviews. The manager was friendly and made this surprise interview very comforting.

Interview Questions

• Generally there were the basic questions - all generated from my resume. One question that I found interesting and I believe I did a good job answering it - I was asked: Besides the money, why do you want to do this job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Two months later received call back from HR rep to schedule phone screening with hiring manager and to ask preliminary questions (residency, salary requirements, etc.). Following week completed phone screening with hiring manager. A week after that, was called to schedule an -person interview the following week. In-person interview process took about 3 hours and met/interviewed with HR recruiter, hiring manager and lead staff, and hiring managers team.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard scenario questions related to testing and liaising between several internal groups. Most difficult to answer (and awkward) questions came from HR recruiter, which you can easily find from a Google search.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in December 2014.

Interview

I had the 1st interview with HR and the lady was very nice and asked very typical and simple open ended questions about past experiences, skills, and qualifications. The process took around 20-30min and wasnt difficult at all. This was before the christmas holidays, causing delays but heard back for a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• For the 1st interview there were none as long as you are prepared with your information and know what to talk about.   Answer Question

Research Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Interview

I found the job on Cedars-Sinai's website jobs listings. I contacted the PI, who arranged a brief phone interview the next day. The phone interview ended with an invitation to interview in person several days later. The interview went well, however the PI explained that I was the first person he'd interviewed, so he'd need time to review others before getting back to me. I contacted him a week later and he offered me the job, pending a background check.

Interview Questions

• None. Questions were mostly about past experiences and what skills I was comfortable with. Interviewer stated that I was not expected to have all skills, and that appropriate training would be provided.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My experience interviewing with the PI was very pleasant, however what followed was not. The background check took around two weeks. During this time, I knew that I wanted this job, but I couldn't allow myself to commit to it because I hadn't been told the salary. When I was finally contacted by an HR rep, she was extremely stern. She offered a salary at the very basement of the range listed on GlassDoor. When I made a moderate counter-offer she threatened to call the next applicant on her list. It was Thursday afternoon, so I asked if I could get back to her on Monday morning. She reluctantly agreed, insisting I call no later than 10 AM. She called back 15 minutes later and told me that she was revising the deadline to the next day at 10 AM. If she didn't hear from me in 18 hours, she would move on to the next applicant. I accepted the position. The start date was scheduled for two months from this acceptance. Having worked for CS for several months now, I'm very relieved that the hiring experience has not been reflective of my day-to-day working experience. Everyone other than that HR rep has been very, very, nice.

CRC Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Interview

The processes now is : apply on line. HR does not helpful The rejections before the application reviewed by hieing management Manager interviews and than a physician and a nurse or director. Tour around and some times 2 interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process went smoothly. Orientation was conducted in a professional manner. All new employees (regardless of position) are expected to wear formal business attire to the week-long New Employee Orientation (NEO) courses. Otherwise, they will be sent home and cannot begin on their start date until NEO is completed. NEO is held twice a month.

Interview Questions

• Recommended to thoroughly prepare for any possible question.   Answer Question