Celadon Trucking Services

Very Easy Interview

Customer Relationship Analyst Interview

Customer Relationship Analyst
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services in February 2014.

Interview Details – Started by submitting resume through college career website. Was contacted by recruiter for on campus interview. the on campus interview was really laid back, and easy going. After talking for 5 minutes, the recruiter set up an on-site interview for later that week. On-site I was interviewed by two managers both wearing jeans, and not excited to be at work on a Friday morning. They had not even read over my resume or cover letter before sitting down and speaking to me. They asked basic interview questions and I was out of there in 30 minutes.

Interview Question – What salary do you expect?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was low, company was not one I could see myself growing with.

Local Coordinatore Interview

Local Coordinatore
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services in December 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly straightforward, three managers interviewed me with basic interview questions. They were from different areas so they were trying to see where I fit in. The panel interview actually wasn't as difficult as many other panel interviews I had done. The interview process is actually quite easy and as close as one could say to enjoyable.

Interview Question – They were pretty much textbook questions that you would expect. What is your biggest difficulty at work was the worst question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didn't really appreciate negotiating, I did get them up, but they did not view a decade of management experience as a good reason to get more money for a management job.

Driver Manager Interview

Driver Manager
Waxahachie, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services in May 2012.

Interview Details – office ifill out application- always personal there.. need ops manager in person and an open door for all questions. Every thing about the job was up front for the asking

Interview Question – this is the salery, are you find with this,?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for the ability for advancement in the company.

Very Easy Interview

Pricing Analyst Interview

Pricing Analyst
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a campus recruiter about a role in Finance. After sending my resume to them, a week later they asked me to come into an interview. The interview was pretty easy, very casual and conversational. The people interviewing me seemed very nice and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. Company portrays this image that they need people to start now. I am not sure if they struggle to recruit or if they are trying to hard to make you feel valued as a candidate.

Interview Question – Why Celadon?
What would a current colleague say about you?
Let's move through your resume
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – Felt that other opportunities were more appealing.

Driver Manager Interview

Driver Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted through e-mail - the HR director got my resume through my school's career planning office. We scheduled a quick telephone interview to be completed the following day. She called on time and discussed the basics of my resume, the position, salary expectations, and schedule. This lasted 10 or 15 minutes, and I had a chance to ask a few questions. At the end we scheduled an in-person interview. I needed a little flexibility due to my work schedule at the time, and she was very accommodating, allowing me to call/email back and forth several times to confirm our interview date and time.

I arrived at the office (which was under construction at the time) and the receptionist took my picture, gave me a guest ID badge and a paper application to fill out. A few minutes later, the interviewer called me back into her office. We went over my resume in a little more detail, talked about my past experience and how it may apply to the job opening they were looking to fill. Then we went into a conference room with one of the operations managers, and I had another interview with both of them in there. He asked some of the same questions about my resume, the kind of place I think I would be a good fit, etc. It seemed like he was more concerned with my attitude and personality, and was trying to get a sense of how I think. Again, I had the chance to ask more questions, and got answers from his perspective. This went really well, and afterward I spoke with the HR director to schedule another interview with the other operations manager who was off that day.

I arrived at the office for this next (and final) interview and was called back into an office by the operations manager within a few minutes. His questions were almost all focused on how I would handle potential situations, whether I'd been put in uncomfortable scenarios before, what kind of experience I had, and how well I would fit in with the company culture. Constant communication with drivers is part of this job, and it's not always easy handling difficult situations, so he was trying to determine whether I was the right type of person to do this job. He was very honest and straightforward when answering my questions, and this is one of the things that sold me on this company. I left, and got a call from HR the same night (this was a Friday) indicating that I could expect a definitive answer on Monday, but that pending a reference check, I could probably expect a job offer at that time.

Interview Question – What do you know about Celadon? What makes you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – May have a little room to negotiate - pay can vary depending on your education and experience - I had a bachelor's degree and no experience, so that put me right in the middle of the salary range. Education + experience will move you higher, a lack of either may put you at the bottom of the range.

Intern Interview

Intern
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services in August 2012.

Interview Details – Upon arriving, the front desk ladies did not acknowledge me so it was a little awkward and unclear as to what I was to do first. Finally, I just approached one of them and without looking at me, she asked what I was there for. I told her I had an interview so she asked for my ID and handed me a clipboard of paperwork to fill out. They gave me a guest pass and after waiting 20 minutes, I was called in for an interview. It was very casual at first with the first interviewer but the 2nd interviewer was a bit more intimidating. She had tough questions which really made me rethink if this particular internship position was appropriate for me.

Interview Question – They asked quite a bit about my experience and how it related to the position but I could not respond appropriately.   Answer Question

Company Driver Interview

Company Driver
Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services in April 2012.

Interview Details – just went in got a physcial and road test and back ground check and stayed all week you got a new trk and an good job

Interview Question – the road test you dont know what to except in the road.   Answer Question

Fleet Manager Interview

Fleet Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was initially given a phone interview following my application. This was a quick, 10 minute conversation regarding my experience. Next, I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview two days later. This interview lasted about a half an hour and was mainly concerned with my resume and in-depth explanation of it. This went well and so I was asked to meet with two other managers. The first question was "Tell me everything you know about Celadon". I felt like the interview was a bit unguided and the managers had not previously planned what to ask. I had to repeat a lot of the answers from the first interview. A couple of things about the office and the work culture-the office is very pleasant and stress free. Everyone had a kind of laid-back no nonsense attitude without a lot of pressure. Also, this position doesn't pay a lot but I was introduced to a couple of fleet managers and they seemed really satisfied.

Interview Question – Tell me everything you know about Celadon.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Celadon Trucking Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Celadon Trucking Services interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Celadon Trucking Services employees and interview candidates.