Celadon Trucking Services

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.4

Yield Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Celadon Trucking Services.

Set up the schedule and processed interview at Indianapolis where Celadon HQ is.
    The interview was 1 on 1 with an actual Analyst of the team.
    It was not that strict.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Celadon Trucking Services in December 2014.

I received a call for an interview 2 weeks after I submitted my application. I asked the HR rep for a phone interview to start with because I live 3 hours away and was looking to relocate. The HR rep said they wanted an in person interview. I set up a day to drive there for the interview. When I got there, the HR rep had the day off so another HR rep showed me to a conference room. He then asked what position I was there to interview for. After waiting about 10 minutes the hiring manager came in the room. She seemed very unprepared for my interview and asked very few questions. I had the opportunity to ask some questions about the position and company. After about 10 minutes, the interview was over. I was irritated because I had driven a very long way for the interview, and everyone seemed very unprepared to speak with me and could care less about the time it took me to get there.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were typical interview questions, though I was only asked about 2-3 questions.   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Celadon Trucking Services.

They bring you in for a series of interviews. First with HR, second with the management in Customer Service. Both interviews are pretty basic interviews. They seem like they are really just trying to get to know what kind of person you are in general. The second interview can be a little more intense with two people asking you questions, they were very friendly during mine which made it easier. Make sure you bring a copy of your resume. (They do ask for it.) They were dressed in business casual attire during the interview and they both seem laid back and easy going. (It wasn't intimidating at all, which helped my nerves.) The interview lasted about a half hour and like I mentioned earlier, basic questions. (Tell me about yourself, Why Celadon?, Goals, why are you leaving your current job, tell me about a time where..... ect.) After the interview it took them one week to get back to me with an offer and a start date!! Very quick process in general, very straight forward.

Did not try negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Celadon Trucking Services in April 2014.

I did a followup after submitting my application and resume online. After a short email conversation I was asked for a personal interview. The interview was easy and the questions centered around the STAR approach. The recruiter was very nice and able to answer my questions. Furthermore, he seemed very excited about the company and its potential growth. I was called back for a second interview but due to a later start date, they moved in a different direction.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Celadon Trucking Services in February 2014.

Started by submitting resume through college career website. Was contacted by recruiter for on campus interview. the on campus interview was really laid back, and easy going. After talking for 5 minutes, the recruiter set up an on-site interview for later that week. On-site I was interviewed by two managers both wearing jeans, and not excited to be at work on a Friday morning. They had not even read over my resume or cover letter before sitting down and speaking to me. They asked basic interview questions and I was out of there in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Salary was low, company was not one I could see myself growing with.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services in January 2014.

Really good, very focused with getting all important info out.tested your driving abilities and your skills.made to weed out unsafe drivers. Drug tested all employees. Helped with getting money to you

Interview Questions
    Make sure you advise what you want to work in.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Celadon Trucking Services.

I was initially contacted by a campus recruiter about a role in Finance. After sending my resume to them, a week later they asked me to come into an interview. The interview was pretty easy, very casual and conversational. The people interviewing me seemed very nice and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. Company portrays this image that they need people to start now. I am not sure if they struggle to recruit or if they are trying to hard to make you feel valued as a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Why Celadon?
      What would a current colleague say about you?
      Let's move through your resume

View Answer

Felt that other opportunities were more appealing.

Driver Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Celadon Trucking Services.

I was initially contacted through e-mail - the HR director got my resume through my school's career planning office. We scheduled a quick telephone interview to be completed the following day. She called on time and discussed the basics of my resume, the position, salary expectations, and schedule. This lasted 10 or 15 minutes, and I had a chance to ask a few questions. At the end we scheduled an in-person interview. I needed a little flexibility due to my work schedule at the time, and she was very accommodating, allowing me to call/email back and forth several times to confirm our interview date and time.

I arrived at the office (which was under construction at the time) and the receptionist took my picture, gave me a guest ID badge and a paper application to fill out. A few minutes later, the interviewer called me back into her office. We went over my resume in a little more detail, talked about my past experience and how it may apply to the job opening they were looking to fill. Then we went into a conference room with one of the operations managers, and I had another interview with both of them in there. He asked some of the same questions about my resume, the kind of place I think I would be a good fit, etc. It seemed like he was more concerned with my attitude and personality, and was trying to get a sense of how I think. Again, I had the chance to ask more questions, and got answers from his perspective. This went really well, and afterward I spoke with the HR director to schedule another interview with the other operations manager who was off that day.

I arrived at the office for this next (and final) interview and was called back into an office by the operations manager within a few minutes. His questions were almost all focused on how I would handle potential situations, whether I'd been put in uncomfortable scenarios before, what kind of experience I had, and how well I would fit in with the company culture. Constant communication with drivers is part of this job, and it's not always easy handling difficult situations, so he was trying to determine whether I was the right type of person to do this job. He was very honest and straightforward when answering my questions, and this is one of the things that sold me on this company. I left, and got a call from HR the same night (this was a Friday) indicating that I could expect a definitive answer on Monday, but that pending a reference check, I could probably expect a job offer at that time.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Celadon? What makes you want to work here?   Answer Question
    May have a little room to negotiate - pay can vary depending on your education and experience - I had a bachelor's degree and no experience, so that put me right in the middle of the salary range. Education + experience will move you higher, a lack of either may put you at the bottom of the range.

Local Coordinatore Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Celadon Trucking Services in December 2012.

The interview was fairly straightforward, three managers interviewed me with basic interview questions. They were from different areas so they were trying to see where I fit in. The panel interview actually wasn't as difficult as many other panel interviews I had done. The interview process is actually quite easy and as close as one could say to enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • They were pretty much textbook questions that you would expect. What is your biggest difficulty at work was the worst question.   Answer Question
    They didn't really appreciate negotiating, I did get them up, but they did not view a decade of management experience as a good reason to get more money for a management job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Celadon Trucking Services in August 2012.

Upon arriving, the front desk ladies did not acknowledge me so it was a little awkward and unclear as to what I was to do first. Finally, I just approached one of them and without looking at me, she asked what I was there for. I told her I had an interview so she asked for my ID and handed me a clipboard of paperwork to fill out. They gave me a guest pass and after waiting 20 minutes, I was called in for an interview. It was very casual at first with the first interviewer but the 2nd interviewer was a bit more intimidating. She had tough questions which really made me rethink if this particular internship position was appropriate for me.

Interview Questions
    • They asked quite a bit about my experience and how it related to the position but I could not respond appropriately.   Answer Question