Celanese

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst

Interviewed at Celanese

Interview Details – Internship to full-time interview

Interview Question – Why come back to Celanese after your internship?   Answer Question

Human Resources Representative Interview

Human Resources Representative
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Celanese in November 2012.

Interview Details – Very effecient and quick to contact me back.

Interview Question – I don't think there were any difficult questions. Very natural interview   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Celanese in February 2012.

Interview Details – Sent my resume through my University. I got a call later that same day to schedule a conference phone interview. They were pretty professional.

Interview Questions

Accounting Manager Interview

Accounting Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Celanese in November 2011.

Interview Details – This was an internal posting. They just went through the motions because they already knew they were going to promote from within. The interview process was disproportional to the job level. Some of the interviewers were professional while others seemed to get satisfaction out of making the candidate squirm or be uncomfortable. The reasons they gave for their selection were rehearsed, prepared and inaccurate because they needed to justify their choice.

Interview Question – Why do you think that you are qualified to be a team lead because you work in IT and don't have any current supervisory experience.   View Answer

Business Development Interview

Business Development
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Celanese in November 2008.

Interview Details – Fair interview, asked several questions about international experience and development making methodologies.

Interview Question – Any experience in China   View Answer

IT Interview

IT
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Celanese in April 2008.

Interview Details – My resume was submitted by a current employee at the company to fill a position that they had open. I was contacted by an in-house recruiter who set up a phone interview with a manager. After speaking with the manager, the recruiter again got in touch with me to set up an interview day. Travel expenses were covered. On the interview day, I had three separate interviews: a panel of future co-workers, the manager who had interviewed me over the phone, and an executive in the area of the open position. Everything went very smoothly. A while later (maybe a week or three), I received a call again from the recruiter with an offer, along with an overnight FedEx package the next day with the details.

Advice? Be yourself. If you have to "act" to be acceptable for them, then you're going to have to "act" the whole time you are working there. You can't keep that up.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The initial offer was disappointingly low. I spoke with the recruiter and explained to her that I would like to be paid what I'm worth and that I thought that the going salary was considerably higher. They came back with an acceptable offer (by phone and on paper) that also included a sign-on bonus.

Advice? Don't accept an offer that you don't think is reasonable.

Worked for Celanese? Contribute to the Community!