Celanese

Internship to full-time interview

IT Ops Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Celanese in July 2013.

I went through a phone interview with the hiring manager and she wanted me to come in for an on-site interview. Celanese HR setup an interview appointment with me and met with the hiring manager and another person from desktop support.

Interview Questions
    A few phone calls to see how much I was paid in previous jobs. They gave me a rough estimate and a minimum payment. I was offered much more than expected without ever negotiating.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Celanese in November 2012.

Very effecient and quick to contact me back.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there were any difficult questions. Very natural interview   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Celanese in February 2012.

Sent my resume through my University. I got a call later that same day to schedule a conference phone interview. They were pretty professional.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Celanese in November 2011.

This was an internal posting. They just went through the motions because they already knew they were going to promote from within. The interview process was disproportional to the job level. Some of the interviewers were professional while others seemed to get satisfaction out of making the candidate squirm or be uncomfortable. The reasons they gave for their selection were rehearsed, prepared and inaccurate because they needed to justify their choice.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think that you are qualified to be a team lead because you work in IT and don't have any current supervisory experience.   View Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Celanese in November 2008.

Fair interview, asked several questions about international experience and development making methodologies.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Celanese in April 2008.

My resume was submitted by a current employee at the company to fill a position that they had open. I was contacted by an in-house recruiter who set up a phone interview with a manager. After speaking with the manager, the recruiter again got in touch with me to set up an interview day. Travel expenses were covered. On the interview day, I had three separate interviews: a panel of future co-workers, the manager who had interviewed me over the phone, and an executive in the area of the open position. Everything went very smoothly. A while later (maybe a week or three), I received a call again from the recruiter with an offer, along with an overnight FedEx package the next day with the details.

Advice? Be yourself. If you have to "act" to be acceptable for them, then you're going to have to "act" the whole time you are working there. You can't keep that up.

Interview Questions
    The initial offer was disappointingly low. I spoke with the recruiter and explained to her that I would like to be paid what I'm worth and that I thought that the going salary was considerably higher. They came back with an acceptable offer (by phone and on paper) that also included a sign-on bonus.

Advice? Don't accept an offer that you don't think is reasonable.