Celanese Engineering Intern Interview Questions

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Celanese in March 2014.

I ran into Celanese at the Kettering University Job Fair. I went up to their stand, talked for a few minutes, and was later asked to interview. The interview was very relaxed, and instead of being drilled with formal questions, I engaged in a very casual conversation with the two men interviewing me. We discussed my hobbies, dislikes, and briefly dove into my leadership experience, but nothing serious. That wasn't at all what I was expecting from a big corporation like Celanese. After we talked about me, I turned it around and got them to talk about the company culture for about as long as we talked about me.

As for hiring, it took absolutely forever. Though I've never interviewed for a job before, I feel it was a bit excessive waiting a month for a decision on the interview.

Interview Questions
  • At the end, however, they popped a random question on me. They asked me:
    So, pretend you have eight marbles, all of which look exactly the same. However, one of them is slightly heavier than the others. We're also gonna give you a scale to weigh them with, but you can only use it twice. After using it twice, or once if you can, you have to tell me without a doubt which marble is the heaviest. Go.

View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Celanese

Anonymous Employee in Winona, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Winona, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Celanese in February 2013.

Almost like an interrogation. They asked many black and white questions which had no good answer.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Celanese in October 2011.

Celanese came to the career fair. I talked to the recruiter at the booth and applied to the position on the career website. I think Celanese also had an info session. I was selected for a one-on-one interview in the university career center. The interview was pretty standard, except for one problem solving question that didn't make much sense to me.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you are responsible for shipping a barge loaded with (some toxic chemical" from San Francisco to China. The barge is already loaded and in the harbor. What do you do to make sure it arrives safely?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Celanese in March 2009.

Basic behavioral questions. The man I interviewed with was somewhat unenthusiastic and seemed very traditional. Didn't seem like a great place for a mechanical engineer, although their opportunities for chemical engineers seemed exciting.