Celanese

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Celanese in March 2014.

Interview Details – I ran into Celanese at the Kettering University Job Fair. I went up to their stand, talked for a few minutes, and was later asked to interview. The interview was very relaxed, and instead of being drilled with formal questions, I engaged in a very casual conversation with the two men interviewing me. We discussed my hobbies, dislikes, and briefly dove into my leadership experience, but nothing serious. That wasn't at all what I was expecting from a big corporation like Celanese. After we talked about me, I turned it around and got them to talk about the company culture for about as long as we talked about me.

As for hiring, it took absolutely forever. Though I've never interviewed for a job before, I feel it was a bit excessive waiting a month for a decision on the interview.

Interview Question – At the end, however, they popped a random question on me. They asked me:
So, pretend you have eight marbles, all of which look exactly the same. However, one of them is slightly heavier than the others. We're also gonna give you a scale to weigh them with, but you can only use it twice. After using it twice, or once if you can, you have to tell me without a doubt which marble is the heaviest. Go.
  View Answer

Winona, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Celanese in February 2013.

Interview Details – Almost like an interrogation. They asked many black and white questions which had no good answer.

Interview Question – Are you a natural born leader or a follower?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Celanese in October 2011.

Interview Details – Celanese came to the career fair. I talked to the recruiter at the booth and applied to the position on the career website. I think Celanese also had an info session. I was selected for a one-on-one interview in the university career center. The interview was pretty standard, except for one problem solving question that didn't make much sense to me.

Interview Question – Suppose you are responsible for shipping a barge loaded with (some toxic chemical" from San Francisco to China. The barge is already loaded and in the harbor. What do you do to make sure it arrives safely?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Celanese in March 2009.

Interview Details – Basic behavioral questions. The man I interviewed with was somewhat unenthusiastic and seemed very traditional. Didn't seem like a great place for a mechanical engineer, although their opportunities for chemical engineers seemed exciting.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Celanese? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Celanese Engineering Intern interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Celanese employees and interview candidates.