Celanese

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014

2.6

Chemical Engineering Interview

Two on one interview for an internship. My sophomore year of chemical engineering and every question asked was food based. I think they would have been better off hiring food science majors

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Internship to full-time interview

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Celanese in March 2014.

I ran into Celanese at the Kettering University Job Fair. I went up to their stand, talked for a few minutes, and was later asked to interview. The interview was very relaxed, and instead of being drilled with formal questions, I engaged in a very casual conversation with the two men interviewing me. We discussed my hobbies, dislikes, and briefly dove into my leadership experience, but nothing serious. That wasn't at all what I was expecting from a big corporation like Celanese. After we talked about me, I turned it around and got them to talk about the company culture for about as long as we talked about me.

As for hiring, it took absolutely forever. Though I've never interviewed for a job before, I feel it was a bit excessive waiting a month for a decision on the interview.

Interview Questions
    • At the end, however, they popped a random question on me. They asked me:
      So, pretend you have eight marbles, all of which look exactly the same. However, one of them is slightly heavier than the others. We're also gonna give you a scale to weigh them with, but you can only use it twice. After using it twice, or once if you can, you have to tell me without a doubt which marble is the heaviest. Go.

View Answer

Technology & Innovation Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Celanese.

First interview lasts 20 minutes. behavioral interview.
    1) this program is a rotational program, do you like it?
    2) what’s your most interesting project? Many detailed questions about this project.
    3) Is there something else you like to do, any hobby, sports?
    Volunteer at earthquake

Interview Questions
    • 1) this program is a rotational program, do you like it?   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

On-campus interview. Very basic questions.

R&D Chemist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Celanese in September 2013.

1. Questions about research in graduate schools. 2. Behavior questions

IT Ops Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Celanese in July 2013.

I went through a phone interview with the hiring manager and she wanted me to come in for an on-site interview. Celanese HR setup an interview appointment with me and met with the hiring manager and another person from desktop support.

Interview Questions
    A few phone calls to see how much I was paid in previous jobs. They gave me a rough estimate and a minimum payment. I was offered much more than expected without ever negotiating.

Strategic Marketing Manager Interview

First round - on site, 2 on 1
    Second round - phone
    Third round - phone

Zero room for negotiation

Compliance Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Celanese.

Met with two interviewers back-to-back. Generic interview questions. Interviewers seemed to be more concerned with "fit" than technical qualifications. I also had a phone interview with the director, which was focused on my desire to join based on my communication with previous interviewers (since I "nailed" the in-person interviews).

Overall, a great experience and I was glad to earn the position.

Interview Questions
    • 1. How do you approach an unfamiliar assignment
      2. I don't see XX on your resume...how do you plan to overcome this?

Answer Question
    I asked for more money and they countered with a sign-on bonus (to maintain salary/experience equity throughout the team). I was happy with this result.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Celanese in February 2013.

Almost like an interrogation. They asked many black and white questions which had no good answer.