Celebrity Cruises Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Two interviews via Skype. The first with the recruiter and then the last with the training director and another person who is over the training for all 10 ships. For the second interview they ask you to prepare a 15 minute presentation of any topic of your choice. Their Skype signal was having issues both times I spoke with them. The first time the person I spoke with said he was having issues all day with them. The two ladies in the last interview seemed to not know how to maneuver through the Skype software and had issues seeing me and then the signal went out for a moment. I prepared a 15 minute PowerPoint which they refer to as a "training deck" . Normally this would include handouts and an outline. I thought that this what I needed to so I basically wasted time preparing a full training and the ladies only listened to like 3 minutes of it. Then one of the ladies asked me if I used the presentation somewhere before. Seems like they are a more simplistic and unorganized organization that does not appreciate someone who is well versed in corporate training. The question asked of me if the presentation was used before was an insult since I was previously a PowerPoint instructor and have advanced knowledge of it. It was only a 15 minutes presentation not a rocket science.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on a cruise ship?   1 Answer
    • What interested you in applying to Celebrity Cruises?   1 Answer
    • What do you think the training manager does?   1 Answer
    • What experiences have you had as a trainer   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Interview

1 skype interview, 1 phone interview 6 face-to-face interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They changed the salary 3x then when I had sold my apartment and was on my way to begin work on the ship they told me I would not get paid for vacations...which reduced my salary by about $25,000 annually...

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Miami, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied on line, within a few months got an interview on Skype with somebody from hr, then received a job offer within a month and was sent to do $650 medical exams, X-rays, blood work, urines and stool sample, vision and audition test. Is nothing to bad. Lots of people has health problems and work in the ships, they just need to know what is it. After I submitted my medical results I got my assignment, whole process was about 4 months. You have to pay for your travel expenses to join the ship and they pay for your ticket back home.

CVP Customer Service/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Miami, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

I had contact with a manager in the CVP department through a friend. She invited me to attend a group interview for sales and customer service openings. The group interview took place at headquarters. There were several people there to interview, approximately 50. We were broken up into three groups. Each group was interviewed by 2-3 managers. The managers would ask a question and each interviewee had to take a turn answering each question. Then 3 to 4 people from each of the three groups were invited to move on to Step 2, which was a computer test that we took that same day. After the computer test we were told we would be contacted if we had been selected for a job offer. Overall, between the group interview and the computer test I spent several hours there. I was contacted within a few days with a job offer.

Individual Reservations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Wichita, KS) in July 2010.

Interview

I received a call informing me that the company was interested in an interview. When I arrived onsite, there was a group of probably 15-20 individuals waiting in the lobby with me. We were introduced to a woman who led us on a mini-tour, then separated for individual 1-on-1 interviews. The interview itself was pretty basic with questions about my work habits, hypothetical scenarios, etc. After the interview, we went to a computer lab and did another set of hypothetical scenarios similar to what our jobs would be if we were accepted. (I've been told that only those who had a good 1-on-1 interview proceeded to the computer test. After that, we were done and there was less than a week to wait for the results. Once passed, I was instructed to do a urine analysis drug test and began work within a month from then.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of when you overcame adversity to help a customer? What steps did you take that were above and beyond the norm?   Answer Question

Cruise Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Miami, FL) in January 2008.

Interview

Times have changed, my interview was conducted due to years of experience and knowing people in the business

Interview Questions

• Do you feel claustrophobic?   1 Answer

Negotiation

For me, it was years ago and completely different than today. Back then it was who you knew and how much experience you had. Today, there can be an online interview, tests to take and physical to take before an interview every starts. Most applications are done through sending your CV or Resume directly to the companies and wait for them to reply.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Makati City (Philippines)) in December 2014.

Interview

applied and got interview after a month for initial and fleet manager after a month and lastly the ship representative. waited for almost 3 month but its all worth.

Interview Questions

• what are your duties and responsibilities, why do you apply for this position   Answer Question

Assistant Waiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Celebrity Cruises in September 2012.

Interview

I got the work thorough the local employment agency. I had 2 interviews, first with local agent, and second over the skype with the person from Miami headquarters. Entire employment process took 2 months, and additional one month was needed to setlle down my papers for visa.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about the ingredientes for most common dishes.   1 Answer

Ast Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in June 2010.

Interview

give first my online c.v after that they r decided for an interview after interview they selection me.

Negotiation

if u get a better job then only u decide same thing it is better to stay before company.

Assistant Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Celebrity Cruises (Belgrade (Serbia)) in May 2009.

Interview

first thing first, u gota find a agency which kire people for company.. then u have to be prepared for interwiev. and there is waiting for it. after u passed interwiev rest is easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is only one thing for u, to say yes or no.