Celebrity Cruises

Relevance Date Difficulty

CVP Customer Service/Sales Interview

CVP Customer Service/Sales
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Celebrity Cruises in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had contact with a manager in the CVP department through a friend. She invited me to attend a group interview for sales and customer service openings. The group interview took place at headquarters. There were several people there to interview, approximately 50. We were broken up into three groups. Each group was interviewed by 2-3 managers. The managers would ask a question and each interviewee had to take a turn answering each question. Then 3 to 4 people from each of the three groups were invited to move on to Step 2, which was a computer test that we took that same day. After the computer test we were told we would be contacted if we had been selected for a job offer. Overall, between the group interview and the computer test I spent several hours there. I was contacted within a few days with a job offer.

Interview Question – The questions were very basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager

Interviewed at Celebrity Cruises

Interview Details – 1 skype interview, 1 phone interview 6 face-to-face interviews

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They changed the salary 3x then when I had sold my apartment and was on my way to begin work on the ship they told me I would not get paid for vacations...which reduced my salary by about $25,000 annually...

Individual Reservations Interview

Individual Reservations
Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Celebrity Cruises in July 2010.

Interview Details – I received a call informing me that the company was interested in an interview. When I arrived onsite, there was a group of probably 15-20 individuals waiting in the lobby with me. We were introduced to a woman who led us on a mini-tour, then separated for individual 1-on-1 interviews. The interview itself was pretty basic with questions about my work habits, hypothetical scenarios, etc. After the interview, we went to a computer lab and did another set of hypothetical scenarios similar to what our jobs would be if we were accepted. (I've been told that only those who had a good 1-on-1 interview proceeded to the computer test. After that, we were done and there was less than a week to wait for the results. Once passed, I was instructed to do a urine analysis drug test and began work within a month from then.

Interview Question – Describe an example of when you overcame adversity to help a customer? What steps did you take that were above and beyond the norm?   Answer Question

Assistant Waiter

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Celebrity Cruises in September 2012.

Interview Details – I got the work thorough the local employment agency. I had 2 interviews, first with local agent, and second over the skype with the person from Miami headquarters. Entire employment process took 2 months, and additional one month was needed to setlle down my papers for visa.

Interview Question – They asked a lot about the ingredientes for most common dishes.   View Answer

Zagreb (Croatia)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Celebrity Cruises in January 2009.

Interview Details – It was only one interview and it was very easy one.Main thing that they are want to see is your personality and your smile.If you a normal person and have a basic knowledge of position that you are applying for you will pass it for sure.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work on cruise ship?   View Answer

Ast Cook Interview

Ast Cook
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Celebrity Cruises in June 2010.

Interview Details – give first my online c.v after that they r decided for an interview after interview they selection me.

Negotiation Details – if u get a better job then only u decide same thing it is better to stay before company.

Belgrade (Serbia)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Celebrity Cruises in May 2009.

Interview Details – first thing first, u gota find a agency which kire people for company.. then u have to be prepared for interwiev. and there is waiting for it. after u passed interwiev rest is easy.

Interview Question – expect everything..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is only one thing for u, to say yes or no.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Celebrity Cruises? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Celebrity Cruises interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Celebrity Cruises employees and interview candidates.