Celebrity Cruises

2.9

Human Resources Manager Interview

1 skype interview, 1 phone interview 6 face-to-face interviews

Interview Questions
    They changed the salary 3x then when I had sold my apartment and was on my way to begin work on the ship they told me I would not get paid for vacations...which reduced my salary by about $25,000 annually...

CVP Customer Service/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Celebrity Cruises in January 2011.

I had contact with a manager in the CVP department through a friend. She invited me to attend a group interview for sales and customer service openings. The group interview took place at headquarters. There were several people there to interview, approximately 50. We were broken up into three groups. Each group was interviewed by 2-3 managers. The managers would ask a question and each interviewee had to take a turn answering each question. Then 3 to 4 people from each of the three groups were invited to move on to Step 2, which was a computer test that we took that same day. After the computer test we were told we would be contacted if we had been selected for a job offer. Overall, between the group interview and the computer test I spent several hours there. I was contacted within a few days with a job offer.

Individual Reservations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Celebrity Cruises in July 2010.

I received a call informing me that the company was interested in an interview. When I arrived onsite, there was a group of probably 15-20 individuals waiting in the lobby with me. We were introduced to a woman who led us on a mini-tour, then separated for individual 1-on-1 interviews. The interview itself was pretty basic with questions about my work habits, hypothetical scenarios, etc. After the interview, we went to a computer lab and did another set of hypothetical scenarios similar to what our jobs would be if we were accepted. (I've been told that only those who had a good 1-on-1 interview proceeded to the computer test. After that, we were done and there was less than a week to wait for the results. Once passed, I was instructed to do a urine analysis drug test and began work within a month from then.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an example of when you overcame adversity to help a customer? What steps did you take that were above and beyond the norm?   Answer Question

Cruise Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Celebrity Cruises in January 2008.

Times have changed, my interview was conducted due to years of experience and knowing people in the business

Interview Questions
    For me, it was years ago and completely different than today. Back then it was who you knew and how much experience you had. Today, there can be an online interview, tests to take and physical to take before an interview every starts. Most applications are done through sending your CV or Resume directly to the companies and wait for them to reply.

Assistant Waiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Celebrity Cruises in September 2012.

I got the work thorough the local employment agency. I had 2 interviews, first with local agent, and second over the skype with the person from Miami headquarters. Entire employment process took 2 months, and additional one month was needed to setlle down my papers for visa.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot about the ingredientes for most common dishes.   View Answer

Ast Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Celebrity Cruises in June 2010.

give first my online c.v after that they r decided for an interview after interview they selection me.

if u get a better job then only u decide same thing it is better to stay before company.

Assistant Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belgrade (Serbia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Celebrity Cruises in May 2009.

first thing first, u gota find a agency which kire people for company.. then u have to be prepared for interwiev. and there is waiting for it. after u passed interwiev rest is easy.

Interview Questions
    there is only one thing for u, to say yes or no.

Assistant Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Zagreb (Croatia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zagreb (Croatia)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Celebrity Cruises in January 2009.

It was only one interview and it was very easy one.Main thing that they are want to see is your personality and your smile.If you a normal person and have a basic knowledge of position that you are applying for you will pass it for sure.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work on cruise ship?   View Answer

Worked for Celebrity Cruises? Contribute to the Community!