Celestica Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.7

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Celestica.

Interview

Got a call from their HR in the morning, scheduled a in-person interview the next day. Came in on time, wait for the other person for 15 minuets. The interview last 40 minutes at most. Received an email the night, got the offer.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Celestica (Ontario, CA).

Interview

Was recruited. There was no process. The engineer who recruited me did all the HR work.

Negotiation

This is it, take it or leave it.

Design Engineer Specialist (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Celestica (Ontario, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Brought into small room and moved in 2 more chairs for a 3 on 1 interview, 2 senior engineers and 1 HR rep. Interview was mostly behavior with almost none on technical. It's the easiest interview I ever had for a technical position. Lasted about 30 minutes the most. Got a call from headhunter the next day and offered the position. Salary was 5K lower than I requested and it's salaried, so no OT pay.

Interview Questions

• When asking interviewer about Corp. Culture, 1 Engr and 1 HR Rep. gave a confused look and the other Sr. Engr questioned back "What culture?"...clearly he didn't want to get into it as I later discover the majority of employee are Hispanics and top managements arrived from Mexico not long ago...   Answer Question

Supply Chain Mgt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Celestica (Austin, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview process (panel of 4) was very informal with less than optimal questions related to the position and my qualifications. The panel members were courteous but seemed rushed and under stress. Panel did a good job of explaining priority issues but not a lot of time dedicated to hearing focused responses.

Interview Questions

• Our Canadian business operation is in a leased facility just acquired by the Canadian government upon previous landlord's default - and they are not allowing tenants to renew their leases; therefore, our business operations there are in jeopardy and timeline is short. What would you do to handle this situation?   Answer Question
    • The company needs to award certain project contracts to external parties but the union maintains these services can be performed by union members and therefore not allowed to be externally contracted. The union agreement is gray in this area but the current members do not have the skills to perform the needed services. The union says it will file grievances and take the case to an arbitor for resolution. Time is of the essence. What would you recommend we do?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Celestica (Merrimack, NH) in December 2010.

Interview

Referred to Celestica via a private recruiter whom found my resume' on carreerbuilder,com. The recruiter contacted me via email first, then phone screening, then she set up a phone interview with Celestica.
    I interviewed via phone for 45 minutes with the hiring manager, then a second phone interview with a member of the IT PMO management. Mostly standard questions, nothing really surprising.
    After each interview the recruiter gave me feedback on our next step.
    We entered salary negotiations and they delivered me an offer letter via email (followed up by a signed hard-copy via FedEx, the next day).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I entered negotiations prepared with a list of items to negotiate. I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager and I walked through my points. He countered a few, declined a few and accepted some outright... Some required followup with HR and they were very helpful.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Celestica (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

On boarding training amounted to zero.

Negotiation

N/A

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Celestica (Austin, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Big gaps between steps , interviewer late for scheduled interview. On site interview interrupted several times. Interviewer not prepared

Interview Questions

Chaotic environment, too much turnover in leadership at site

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Celestica (Austin, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Questions concerning background experience and skill set.

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Celestica (San Jose, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Found the job listed on a job board. Applied on-line. Was contacted in about 2 weeks by an out-of-town recruiter for an initial phone screen. After that, within 2 days A series of interviews were lined up, 5 or 6 people spread over two days.

Very professional interviews. In the course of discussions, the scope of the job became much more clear than the actual job description. Interviewers seemed genuinely interested in understanding my background and skills, as well as interest in the job. They allowed ample time for questions from my side.

Although they seemed determined to bring someone on-board quickly, the process has not yet concluded

Interview Questions

• Provide example of solving a customer issue during an overseas trip   Answer Question

Did Not Interview Was Asked If I Wanted the Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Celestica (Dallas, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

No interview just asked if I wanted the job due to my exceeding my current job experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/a