Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Celgard
- Manufacturing Technician (2)
- Mechanical Engineer Technician (1)
- Production Supervisor (1)
- Manufacturing Tech III (1)
- Manufacturing Tech (1)
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Celgard (Concord, NC) in January 2012.
this process seemed to be slightly longer than most it included several phone interviews as well as a one on one along with a couple of "what would you do" situational questions and a comprehension test
- all questions were a"tell me a time when" so it really helps to be prepared for these so that you are not struggling to think of these situations and all of these were routine Answer Question
not really any negotiating as the position and conditions were laid out prior to in person interview
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Celgard (Charlotte, NC) in December 2011.
Only can speak for Concord facility!!!Obscure testing!!! Not related to position. Need better managers, not kids out of school or military. Management clueless on how any of the plant equipment actually runs.. Shame good concept. Interviewed with outside company 3x, before actual interview on phone with company representative Personality test and Intelligence Test with outside company. After passing those, I had a phone interview Then a 1 on 1 interview. Came back for another interview plus retook tests outside company gave. Plus the most rigorous physical a company has ever given me.
- Interview questions had nothing to do with position applied for Answer Question
None. Offer accept or not. Standard Salaries. 24 hr facility. 10 to 12 hr shifts.
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Celgard (Concord, NC) in July 2011.
Celgard makes you take the Wonderlic test and a math test. You must go through a pre-interview and then they do another on site interview. All questions are behavioral based questions. Tell me about a time when... type of questions. This interview is usually done by the recruiter initially and then by 2 or 3 managers.
- Tell me about a time when you didn't finish a task by the specified deadline. How did you handle this failure to finish your work on time? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Celgard (Concord, NC) in April 2011.
There will be a phone call, then a 1:1 interview
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Celgard in April 2012.
Used a staffing agency in which my resume and skills were reviewed and used to match myself with position. It was a group interview for 45 minutes talking about the position, interview questions, and the ability to ask your own questions. There were a set of candid questions followed by questions that were required by the company. Like in any interview, its always good practice to provide answers to the questions that connect to the position in order for the interviewer to visualize you in the job. its also important to have a personality that fits the company culture.
- What was a decision you made in which you weighed the pros and cons and why you made that decisions? Answer Question
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Celgard in May 2011.
Please read position that you applied for.
- Where do I see myself in five years? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review