Celgene

Updated Feb 10, 2015
Updated Feb 10, 2015

2.9

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Celgene in December 2014.

First I was interviewed by the recruiting company. The interview lasted about an hour and two recruiters participated. After a few days I got an appointment at the Celgene office for two more interviews. The first, face to face, with the recruiting Manager, and the second via video conference with a HR Manager abroad. Both interviews lasted in total 2 hours without any break.

Interview Questions
    • The interview with the recruiting Manager was more like a conversation and the questions were related to the job. In contrast, the second interview with a HR Manager was more like an interrogation. The questions were related to the personality like "how do you approach a person?" or "are you an introvert or an extrovert”? They were very vague and I didn’t really understand what the interviewer wanted to know. Also, the interviewer jumped from one topic to another, rushing through the questions, and showed no emotions to my answers. This made me feel uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Immunology Specialist Interview

I was contacted by an outside recruiter and asked if I was interested in interviewing with Celgene. I interviewed in person on a Tuesday and had a second interview with the same hiring manager on Wednesday. Each interview was 2 hrs long. I flew to New NJ for an interview with the VP of sales on Friday. I was extended an offer on following Monday afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • The volume of questions was unexpected. Right in the middle of my interview the manager called someone that I knew at Celgene. Very unexpected.   Answer Question

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Celgene in April 2014.

Had 2 phone interviews and then an in-person interview consisting of a 3-on-1 interview with the hiring manager and 2 co-workers. After, I met with someone from HR and finally I interviewed with the VP of our group.

Interview was based on past experiences, projects and applicable work experience. Some questions about the company and Biotech industry were asked so it's important to know all about current events, company/ industry news and showcase your passion for the industry.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated for higher base pay and was successful.. overall easy process

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Celgene.

The interview process was extremely lengthy - 6 meetings - with a final round of interviews in Summit. The first interviewer was an hour late for the meeting and took a phone call in the middle. The next interviewer was 30 minutes late and I sat in the office suite area waiting as people walked by. The third interviewer jumped ahead of the 4th interviewer so she could leave for the day and the final interviewer was rushed to get me back to the airport for my flight.

Senior IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Celgene.

Overall, the interview was fairly easy. Celgene is not in the high tech business, so managers and directors themselves for the most part are not highly technical. The tech questions were very light and high level. They mainly want to see if you are personable and flexible.

Interview Questions
    I gave them a range and they came a bit under the top. They were firm on their final offer, but threw in some generous sign-on incentives.

Research Associate (Temp) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Celgene in November 2013.

Contacted by recruiter. Phone interviewed and then on sight interview. Did a presentation because asked then had one on one interviews with several people that were there for the presentation. One of them gave me a business card to ask questions later but when contacted later was completely ignored. Then my recruiter told me I shouldn't have done that. Glad I didn't end up working for such people.

Interview Questions
    • leading questions that almost sounded like they wanted to trap you. If you say you work hard that person would say so you only work hard but don't think too much about the experiments   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Celgene in June 2013.

I received a call from a non celgene recruiter to go over my resume which was very relevant to the position. I was later contacted to have a face to face with the VP of the department and a few HR personnel. The first round went well and I was asked to come back for the final round. The first interview with the ED Global Marketing did not go well at all. They were not prepared for my interview and assumed I only had three years in the industry and was angry that I was interviewing for a Director level position. Despite the fact I've been working in pharma for 12+ years I felt the interview became very confrontational regarding the role and responsiblities.. My opinion is this individual felt this role should belong to his/her group. All of my suggestions that I can bring to Celgene basically got shot down. He/She showed no interest in me. Despite the first interview all the other ones went well after that. When i met with the VP again the first person he asked me about was the ED. It appears that he valued his/her opinion a great deal. At that point I knew I didn't get the job and surprise surprise it remains vacant.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a strategy on how you improved global market share   Answer Question

Immunology Specialist Interview

Interviewed with the hiring Area Business Manager for 2 hours on first interview on a Wednesday. Traveled to New Jersey for interview with National Director of Sales the following Friday. Offer came the following Monday afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • Outside of the work environment, give me an example of extraordinary success.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Celgene in April 2013.

Had 2 phone interviews. Each lasted 30 minutes. First interview with non-Celgene employee recruiter and second interview with senior director. They were also hiring for my direct report so was somewhat intimidated interviewing with senior level person. Felt a good connection during both interviews. Recruiter interview consisted of job history and experience. Senior Director interview was focused on job criteria and my experience as it relates to the position.Waiting for a call back for in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of how you provided insights and solved a business issue.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Celgene in May 2011.

There was a one hour phone interview and I was called back to do a full day interview on site. The day interview consisted of speaking with associates, senior staff and HR. Lunch was provided.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions about your resume, you have to memorize your resume.   Answer Question