Cellcom

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.2

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cellcom.

It has been a while since I have interviewed with this company. If the company is interested in you first you will receive an initial phone interview from the HR department. This for me was not very detailed and just small talk. After this you are scheduled with an interview. Normally this interview is split into 2-3 different interviews. One with the store manager, one with the area manager, and one with HR. They use the STAR method for the interview process. Questions asked where typical of any interview that I have had in the past... "tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset customer and how did you handle the situation" "tell me about a time when you went above and beyond a customers expectations and what did you do to do so" and blah blah blah. After this if everyone approves you receive a call from the head sales manager followed by a drug test and job offer.

I was young didnt negotiate

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevens Point, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevens Point, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cellcom in November 2010.

Phone interview was pretty simple - long though at about 60 minutes. Pretty routine retail interview.

Interview Questions

rate of pay was $10 p/h w/ commission but even w/ commission the overall income was only about $14p/h and was too low.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cellcom in March 2010.

The hiring process was long and hard. Be prepared for a full day of interviews and tests in groups and individual evaluations. You will need to keep calm, and confident in order to pass these tests, and you actually need to have what it needs to be a good customer rep. or sales rep. depending on the position you are aiming for. Frontal evaluation is much harder than for the phone support personnel,

Interview Questions
    • Even if you are for customer service you will have to know how to sell, they will ask you in front of the group to:
      Sell something. Whatever you want in the room. You will present the product and then they will put you in a situation you are a shop keeper, that needs to sell this item, and they are the clients.
      I have been a shop keeper, i have never had such a horrible customer in my life.
      After you have managed to answer all the bizarre questions about the item (they are testing to see if you can think on your feet and have imagination) They will give an extra challenge. For example: I sold my jacket, so what is it from, where was it made, why should i buy it etc. Then, the interviewer said "ok, i bought the jacket, it has been 2 months, and i have returned with it, it is completely damaged, as the client i am telling you "I want my money back this is a crappy jacket""...
      So be prepared mentally, they will ask people to leave every round of tests...

Answer Question
    No real negotiation...

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cellcom in June 2008.

I got hired through a direct networking by a friend that was already working at Cellcom so I took the short cut and had an easy interview with the engineering dept' manager already knowing 90% I got the job.