Cellular Sales Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cellular Sales.

Interview

The interview process was quick and only two interviews were scheduled before confirmation. The online application process was fast and easy. Questions asked during the interviews were standard - they asked about work history, experience, dealing with difficult customers, organizational abilities, and other usual topics. The recruiter was helpful and friendly but the given job description was inaccurate. The information provided by interviewers was incorrect.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiation - 100% commission job, commission scale is confusing

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cellular Sales (Deerfield Beach, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Quick, laid back, and very easy. Talked to a recruiter and was hired on the spot. I would definitely say this is by far the easiest interview process I've ever had.

Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cellular Sales (South Florida, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview is pretty straight forward. You meet with one person for about an hour they sit down ask you some general questions. This person is the one who weeds out the bad apples. The ones with no sales experience. After that you meet with someone in upper management. If they like you, then you should receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I would bring to the company which is a tricky but not a hard question   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cellular Sales.

Interview

Got a phone call from a district staff member, met with him at one store, spoke for two hours, most of which was just talking and getting to know him and him to know me. At end of interview, he scheduled meeting with district manager the next day. Met district manager next day, spoke with him for about the same amount of time, little to no actual questions in either interview. Lots of feeling each other out.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions in regards to the position itself, most of the questions were about me, hobbies, family, things I do for fun, and so on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none.

Wireless Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cellular Sales.

Interview

Met with recruiter, local manager and regional director. Was given the night to think the position over and accepted the following morning. Overall the process was very straightforward and the company is looking for people who can produce.

Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cellular Sales (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process is either 2 or three interviews. If you get a referral from a person that already works there, you are guaranteed an interview. The first interview is a video one which you have to answer 12 questions. That video gets submitted to the regional recruiter. If he likes you he calls you for a second interview. if everything goes well you also do a Skype interview with the regional director. You also have a 5 week training which is payed for bus that doesn't mean that you got the job so you have to pay attention on the training and follow their way for doing things or they can let you go while still on training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be good at this job since you don't have a lot of sales experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

100% commission. Very worth it

Cellular Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cellular Sales in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the day next I received a phone call to proceed with a phone interview. After I was approved; I moved on to an in-person interview. This last for a little less than an hour and was a relatively comfortable interview process. It seems like they really want you to feel comfortable and for your personality to shine. After the in person interview I completed a personality test and an aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• Who is your hero?
      If someone comes in and seems like they really want to buy a phone, then changes their mind the last instant, what would you do to make that sale?

Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cellular Sales.

Interview

If you know someone there you have a better chance of getting hired and trained by the right people. I was referred by a friend. Phone interview was first then one to one interview. Then a small panel interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't one

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cellular Sales (Greenville, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

I recently was contacted for an interview with Cellular Sales via email. The email stated that the hiring recruiter would be in the area in the next two days and that I would receive a call later in the day to set up an interview. I received a call within the next two hours and set up an email for the following day. The interview was about an hour but was not very professional, it was more of a discussion, but still went well. Later in the week I got another email saying I would have a second interview. I went to the second interview and that went well also. I received a job offer the next day but declined it due to wanting to continue my education (which I was told I would not be able to do working for them, which I was willing to consider). After sending an email thanking them for the opportunity and thanking hem for their time, I was harassed. I received an ugly email and text message. I had also received a nasty voicemail from earlier that day saying that I needed to respond to them quicker. It was a terrible experience and I will NEVER take a position with this company. I recommend others watch out as well.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any interview questions, it was more of a discussion throughout both interviews.   1 Answer

I wanted to stay in school and was told that would not be an option. I also spoke with a friend who had worked for this company in the past and was made aware of their commission payouts. Since the job is 100% commission, if too many of your activations deactivate, your charge backs will swallow your entire paycheck (you not only get charged back from your accounts, they also charge you the full cost of the device that your customer has bought).

Cellular Sales Response

Oct 14, 2014National Recruiting Manager

Dear Candidate,

Unfortunately, it can be difficult to balance a full times sales opportunity with a demanding school schedule. We do have several locations throughout the country that do consider
    ... More

Cellular Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cellular Sales (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick introduction interview at a career fair with a hiring manager. 1st interview was with same manager at administrative offices. (1-1/2 hours) very thorough. 2nd interview with regional VP. also very thorough (2 hours). Great interviews, lots of "describe a situation in your past work where..." questions. Definitely recommend.

Interview Questions

• Regional VP went in depth on history of the mobile phone industry. specifically how handset companies make money and how the salesperson is compensated.   1 Answer