Cellular Sales Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cellular Sales in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the day next I received a phone call to proceed with a phone interview. After I was approved; I moved on to an in-person interview. This last for a little less than an hour and was a relatively comfortable interview process. It seems like they really want you to feel comfortable and for your personality to shine. After the in person interview I completed a personality test and an aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• Who is your hero?
      If someone comes in and seems like they really want to buy a phone, then changes their mind the last instant, what would you do to make that sale?

Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cellular Sales.

Interview

If you know someone there you have a better chance of getting hired and trained by the right people. I was referred by a friend. Phone interview was first then one to one interview. Then a small panel interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't one

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cellular Sales (Greenville, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

I recently was contacted for an interview with Cellular Sales via email. The email stated that the hiring recruiter would be in the area in the next two days and that I would receive a call later in the day to set up an interview. I received a call within the next two hours and set up an email for the following day. The interview was about an hour but was not very professional, it was more of a discussion, but still went well. Later in the week I got another email saying I would have a second interview. I went to the second interview and that went well also. I received a job offer the next day but declined it due to wanting to continue my education (which I was told I would not be able to do working for them, which I was willing to consider). After sending an email thanking them for the opportunity and thanking hem for their time, I was harassed. I received an ugly email and text message. I had also received a nasty voicemail from earlier that day saying that I needed to respond to them quicker. It was a terrible experience and I will NEVER take a position with this company. I recommend others watch out as well.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any interview questions, it was more of a discussion throughout both interviews.   1 Answer

I wanted to stay in school and was told that would not be an option. I also spoke with a friend who had worked for this company in the past and was made aware of their commission payouts. Since the job is 100% commission, if too many of your activations deactivate, your charge backs will swallow your entire paycheck (you not only get charged back from your accounts, they also charge you the full cost of the device that your customer has bought).

Cellular Sales Response

Oct 14, 2014National Recruiting Manager

Dear Candidate,

Unfortunately, it can be difficult to balance a full times sales opportunity with a demanding school schedule. We do have several locations throughout the country that do consider
    ... More

Cellular Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cellular Sales (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick introduction interview at a career fair with a hiring manager. 1st interview was with same manager at administrative offices. (1-1/2 hours) very thorough. 2nd interview with regional VP. also very thorough (2 hours). Great interviews, lots of "describe a situation in your past work where..." questions. Definitely recommend.

Interview Questions

• Regional VP went in depth on history of the mobile phone industry. specifically how handset companies make money and how the salesperson is compensated.   1 Answer

Sale Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cellular Sales.

Interview

Interview includes some questions about your life and what makes you motivated. Dress very well. Suit, tie and slacks are a minimum.

Interview Questions

• What is a bad work habbit you need to correct.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cellular Sales.

Interview

The interview process for me was a little longer than some of the other reviews i've read, but my process was a little different. I had a friend Working for cellular sales where i was living at the time and heard how much he enjoyed. I was looking for a change in city so i applied to cellular sales in a city i wanted to move to. After i applied it took about two weeks to get a email to request a phone interview. The phone interview Is pretty laid back. Pretty much its a recruiter asking about your past sales experience, education background, goals, and other basic phone interview questions to better get to know you. At the end of the phone interview they tell you if they if they want you to continue to the next round. This is where my ptocess was a little different from the other reviews ive read. Since i was applying to the job from another state it made things a little more complicated. After about another week after the phone interview i was set up with a interview with one of the regional directors. We picked a day and time that would work fot both of us(mainly me since i had to drive a few hours to get to interview). The day of the interview i met with the regional director. It could have been so laid back because our regional director is a good guy but this interview was much more laid back than any interview i have had. He basically asked the same questions i answered in the phone interview and then had a casual conversation about gaols, what i wanted out of thr job, and so on. After that interview i was asked if i could go ahead and meet with the sales coach in that area for the 3rd interview so i wouldnt have to drive back. This was pretty much a run down on the pay system and how everything works. This interview,lasted about 30 minutes. At the end of the interview i was told that i should hear back in a few days if i got the job. Four days later i got a call from the regional director and asked if i wanted to accept the job which i did right then.i got my start date and set up my drug test and back ground check. Overall the interview process was a little long but pretty easy going.

Interview Questions

• No real tough questions. One question was what are your priorties in life and how could you use them to make yourself a better salesman   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, all pay is commision

Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Pretty informal. Met recruiter at Panera Bread.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cellular Sales.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting coordinator, who scheduled a 45-minute phone interview with a recruiter. After that phone interview, I was asked to meet the recruiter for an in-person interview. That interview was two hours long. It began with him asking me a lot of the same questions over again, and then it became more informational. He told me the pros and cons of working for the company and then appeared to be trying to "sell" me on the company. He urged me several times to agree to a final interview with the Regional Director, which I declined.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interviewing process was very in detail about the pros and cons LISTED but left out so muhc...for everything bad they saeemsd to have a convincing way out so you wouldnt worry...they give you big hopes and dreams as far as the payments you will receive and the business as a whole

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was if i would be able to work without receiving pay. I was very confused as to how or why they could do this but it made sense as they left the pay for two months to grow interest in their account. The company is more so a scam to me than anything.   1 Answer

Retail Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Cellular Sales (Austin, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

One phone call pretty quick. If they want you they will rush it and get you into an interview with the recruiter. That interview lasts about 30 minutes and it goes over all the good of the company. Then if you qualify you will do a Skype interview in the store with the regional manager. He will go over all the bad in the company. It should take an hour in this interview if it goes well.

Interview Questions

• Would you sell a phone that makes you the most money even though it's way too much for the customer?   Answer Question