Cengage Learning

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cengage Learning in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and the explained the job and what Cengage was looking for. He then asked about my work history, career goals etc...Not long after that I was contacted by a hiring manager at Cengage. I did standard phone interview with her. At the end of the interview I was given a project to do and turn in a few days later. A few days after I submitted the project, I was called in for a panel interview. About a week later I was asked to come in for a second time, where I sat with an employee, and then was offered the job by the hiring manager.

Interview Question – None really. They were all pretty much your standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Florence, KY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cengage Learning in July 2010.

Interview Details – First Interview basic interview questions, 2nd interview you do a mock sales call to an internal employee. Then you are given a project where you have to call three instructors at universities and ask them what makes a good sales rep, you must write a one page essay from that. Turn it in via email and wait.

Interview Question – What is the most important part of sales process? The presentation, the positioning or the close?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried they didn't budge. I've heard others may have had better luck. Give it a shot.

Worked for Cengage Learning? Contribute to the Community!