Cengage Learning

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cengage Learning.

Phone call, then single interview with direct manager.
    Ten minute phone call, half hour interview.
    Meeting with direct manager was of great importance to me, versus meeting with panel of managers in same department.

No salary negotiation. Starting wage $14/hour

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cengage Learning.

Submitted my materials early October. Had screening (phone) interview (which the recruiter was obviously in huge hurry to complete), then didn't hear anything for weeks. Thought I was out--until I received email asking if I could fly across country THAT WEEK for onsite interview! This was (thankfully) delayed two weeks. Actual interview consisted of seven 30-minute conversations with the various folks in the department. Spent very little time with actual hiring manager, sad to say. Did not feel that they really got to know me.

Interview Questions
    • Was shown brand new textbook that I was laying eyes on for first time and asked "How would you market this?" Also, "What would you change about our current offerings?"   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cengage Learning in November 2014.

Approached by Staffing Agency. First round was phone interview and second one was skype with a panel of 5 people.
    Phone interview was fine. Typical interview questions about previous experiences. What would make you happy at your job? What is your ideal job?
    The panel interview seemed very haphazard. No one seemed to know who is supposed to ask questions and on what topic. very strange.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected asked...
      What is it that appeal to you about this position?

View Answer

Market Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cengage Learning.

e-mail the hr my resume after a week get a phone call for phone interview. The phone interview questions are quite simple, and at last, the hr said he would like to schedule a one to one interview

Interview Questions
    • quite simple and typical questions. what's your strength, weakness.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Cengage Learning.

My interviews were great but I feel there were too many of them. My initial interview was with human resources. The second interview was with the person for whom I was going to work under. The third interview was with that person's boss and the final interview was with that person's boss's boss. Way too many interviews. But, I got the job!

Interview Questions
    The interview process took approximately 3 to 4 weeks. Once I was given an offer, everything just fell into place as a normal expected hire.

(Confidential) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cengage Learning.

I interviewed twice with this company. Both times, I was assured I would be moving forward in the interview process. Both times, weeks turned into months. Later learned that one position was not officially an open posiiton with HR, but I was asked to return.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cengage Learning in September 2014.

I submitted resume through employee referral. I was contacted by district manager two weeks later via phone for interview. That resulted in an in personal interview. I then was asked to complete campus project (visit campus with guidelines and submit report) Overall positive experience and seems like a great fit.

Interview Questions
    • the campus project was probably the most time consuming, but can't say difficult. It was great experience to feel out the role of publishing sales rep.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Cengage Learning in September 2014.

The process was well done but was pressured to be very quick. The process led me to interview with the correct key members including managers and directors. Flexible on time but needed to be quick.

Sales Representative Interview

Found the position online and applied through the website. Had initial phone conversation with Director of Sales and was invited in for face to face interview with Director and two other team members. Phone interview consisted of several questions about my educational background and in-person interview was more focused on work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted to know actual questions that I would use in my selling process for my current position which is unrelated to Cengage position.   Answer Question

Product Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cengage Learning in August 2014.

I was called for a phone interview after responding to what I call an "email interview" where I answered several questions by email. Interview wasn't too difficult, I hung up feeling that it went rather well but have not heard a response yet.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. Interview was pretty conversational rather than someone firing questions at me.   Answer Question