Cenovus

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

3.2

Field Interview

This was conducted in Calgary. I had initially applied online rather than through my university as I wanted to land the job earlier, and my university only facilitates interviews 3 months before the work term. It was for a second year undergraduate engineering intern position that was stationed in Southern Alberta. The interview only lasted about half an hour - questions were standard.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us over the other oil and gas companies?   Answer Question
    None

IT Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cenovus.

In-depth interview to ascertain how much you know about business analysis. Be prepared to know how a BA fits into the project, and what a project manager expects from you.

Interview Questions
    • Stand at the board (you are given a marker) and explain to me, who is portraying a CEO, why we should do this project. You must fill out 4 slides on the board to give your explanation.   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

You apply through their website in mid september, after McGill Tech Fair. About a month after, they come to our career centre and interview 20 students or so. One 30 minutes interview with an HR representative and an engineer. They ask about your previous work experience, what you know about Cenovus, what was happening around the world (wanted to know if you followed news regarding oil industry).

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for a summer intern

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cenovus.

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cenovus.

I applied online on the company's website in response to a job posting found through the Career link. I was contacted within 3 weeks for a 45 minute interview at The Bow building. I was called back two days after the interview with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate, as it was for a summer position.

Summer Field Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cenovus.

First I submitted an online application. The recruitment process was very rapid. The interview took place only 11 days after the job posting closed, and they got back to me with an offer 5 days later. There was only one interview. The interviewers were nice and helpful. Make sure to show that you are interested in the oil and gas industry.

Field Engineering Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cenovus in October 2013.

I applied online on the employer's website in response to a job posting at the University's career centre website. I was contacted within 3 days for a 45 minute interview at the University. I was called back the day after the interview with a job offer.

Interviewers included two young HR staff and a junior engineer.

Summer Field Student Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cenovus.

Online application. Received a phone call to set up an interview on campus (I do not go to school in Calgary). Completed interview and received offer within one week.

Interview Questions
    • How did you use innovation in a project, group environment, extra curricular, etc.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, as it was for a summer internship.

Intern - Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cenovus.

I applied and two weeks after i was contacted by the HR. I had an interview with 2 people and who many asked behavioral questions.

Technical Writer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cenovus in August 2012.

I was contacted for a phone interview. Asked to provide samples of my work.

Interview Questions
    • How do you resolve issues with co-workers that you don't get along with.   Answer Question

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cold Lake, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cold Lake, AB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cenovus in May 2012.

Cenovus hiring process is ridiculously slow, almost painful. there HR people move at the speed of a snail. Be prepared for the unexpected during interview process. I was told there would be 3 people interviewing me. When I walked into the interview room there were 12 people.

Interview Questions
    • Behaviour based interview questions was the theme. Be prepared to walk them through your resume in great detail.   Answer Question
    No negotiations to be had.